Too much Corruption

By Thermoptic, in Relic

Me and my friends played Relic for the first time yesterday and we all really liked it! We have been playing Talisman for many years and thought the features in Relic where really fun and interesting.

But the game ended due to all four players "died" of Corruption cards. Maybe we didnt know how dangeruous these cards where. But we got Corruption cards from situations that forced us to draw them..

And the problem was, we didnt know how to get rid of them. Do you have any strategy and tips on how to play Relic so we dont get in this situation again?

Thanks

Four in one game? That's quite a lot! My stats show 6 Corrupted characters in 51 plays (all with 3-players) and at least one of those came after adding the Nemesis expansion and playing against Luxuria. As for not knowing Corruption are bad/dangerous, well, the name should've been a clue, no ;) ? It's not great, boosting Boon, it's Corruption.

Generally, Events that offer a choice (2 corruption for 7 influence/5 lives/etc.) are outright passed over around here, not taken advantage of. If you're the Inquisitor, maybe Canoness or have the Bones of a Fallen Saint Relic (discard 1 Corruption each Exp. Phase), then you probably can take advantage of those. Forced stuff like Great Unclean One can be bad, but saving up high numbered Power cards can make those forced test auto-pass (esp. Power card 6).

Edited by Dam

Hehe yeah but this was our first game with Relic and I think we all underestimated how dangerous Corruption cars are. At the start of the game we all accepted the 2 corruption for 7 influence card. And then we all thought,, ok 2 curruptions cards are ok.. we wont accept any more offers. But then there where cards that FORCED us to draw them.. and in the outer tier there is no way of removing Corruption cards, the only way was to get into the middle tier to remove them, right? And thats really crazy, you have to get into the moddle tier without a relic and with a low level which is really dangerous, and you have to land on the right place and then roll a 5 or 6.. thats really hard and dangerous if even possible.

Is there any other way to get rid of Corrupted cards? I know there are powercards that remove corruption but the chance of getting that specific powercard is very low. Why isnt there a place in the outer tier that you can visit to just remove a Corruption card?

I am new to Relic, but there are 2 spaces in the Middle Tier that remove corruption. One is Relic's version of Talisman's Temple I believe...

Same issues do happen while I play the Dark Crusade scenario sheet... Can someone tell me strategies and hints to beat that "broken" (for my mind) scenario ?!?

I passed the last 2 months of playing session with Relic trying to beat that scheet but nothing worked; even house ruling it !!!

Me and my friends played Relic for the first time yesterday and we all really liked it! We have been playing Talisman for many years and thought the features in Relic where really fun and interesting.

But the game ended due to all four players "died" of Corruption cards. Maybe we didnt know how dangeruous these cards where. But we got Corruption cards from situations that forced us to draw them..

And the problem was, we didnt know how to get rid of them. Do you have any strategy and tips on how to play Relic so we dont get in this situation again?

Thanks

I AGREED WITH YOU - TOO MUCH CORRUPTION AND TOO FEW AND FEEBLE WAYS TO GET RID OF IT !!!

IT ALSO RUINS THE PLAYABILITY OF THE "DARK CRUSADE" SCENARIO - SINCE YOU CANT QUICKLY GET RID OF CORRUPTION THE 99% OF THE TIME YOU PLAY IT YOU WILL BE THE LOSER !!!

TRY IT AND SEE I M RIGHT !!!