Dark Eldar preview

By Toqtamish, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Not exactly an obvious first choice for warlord, and I thought mass tokens were the purview of the Astra Militarum.

Also: inb4 someone accuses Agonizer of Bren of being open to abuse.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

Not sure how I feel about this dark elder preview. Purple / Pink? Really? I mean sure Elder are gay to start with but I dunno.. the cards look so terrible.

As for the effects... I like what I see a lot. I think these could be even more powerful than Chaos. The MOBILE keyword is redonculas and ROUT effect is also extremely strong. I think they could be the most powerful faction at face value so far spoiled. They look very weak dmg effects though.. but if they can servive a round, they completely change the match up at any given planet.

Still can I bring myself to play with purple pink cards of the most lame race in 40K? hmmmmm.. big ask FFG.. big ask.. I can see why you made them powerful!

Nice card art, rich colors and it seems they'll be interesting to play as.

Also: inb4 someone accuses Agonizer of Bren of being open to abuse.

:D

Still can I bring myself to play with purple pink cards of the most lame race in 40K? hmmmmm.. big ask FFG.. big ask.. I can see why you made them powerful!

I was actually thinking of running DE in purple sleeves... which by the FFG, you should get on offering :P

I was actually thinking of running DE in purple sleeves... which by the FFG, you should get on offering :P

I'm using their purple sleeves with the Icewyrm and adventurers on it. Till they make some actual DE themed sleeves.

My Gawd...the Twisted Labratory card is brutal. These guys certainly seem like the "Control" faction thus far. They have discard, they have "remove from battle" with various "rout" effects and they have the "negate" card in the lab. Yeah, I'm going to hate sitting down across from that redheaded wych....and she's so fine!

I must say I was not expecting quite so many warp beast related things in the core set. I am also surprised to see the DE as a Khymera token generating group. But, it is cool. And those tokens look awesome! I wonder, will every faction have some kind of card that generates at least one kind of token? I know we've seen Guardsmen tokens - maybe my Tau buddies will have Drones as tokens? We always seem to have a few dozen of those things buzzing around in the tabletop game, anyway.

come to papa :wub: packmaster-kith.png

I know that feel about colour card. I don't really like playing Imperial Navy, Sith, Jedi or Rebels in Star Wars, those cards are booooooring. But for me, pink/purple is great.

About token, we know there is only 40 of them in the CS, so i'm guessing 4*10. Wich means snotling, guardsman, khymera and another one.

could be drone for tau or cultist for chaos. i don't really see what kind of token eldar and SM could generate.

I`ve noticed somewhere cultist tokens mentioned

About token, we know there is only 40 of them in the CS, so i'm guessing 4*10. Wich means snotling, guardsman, khymera and another one.

could be drone for tau or cultist for chaos. i don't really see what kind of token eldar and SM could generate.

Yeah I think it is Cultists for Chaos. The Snippet of one of the Tau cards we have seen shows it as being a Drone and the card has text allowing it to attach to another Unit as though it were Wargear. I suspect this is how drones will be handled and not as tokens. I'm cool with that, as in the tabletop game the Drones are exactly this - a Unit Attachment.