New free starter scenario release info?

By Cannibal, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

In the past editions of FFG's 40k RPGs they have usually released a free demo starter scenario with pre-generated characters and quick rules; i.e. "Edge of Darkness", "Broken Chains", etc.

I am very interested in getting a new group together for the upcoming release of Dark Heresy 2nd edition, but would like to use something matching the new rules to demo with them first. Can anyone working with FFG comment on whether/when we can expect to see a new free demo scenario for Dark Heresy 2nd edition (rough estimate of how many weeks/months before/after Core Rulebook release) ? Thanks in advance!

The 'demo scenarios' have previously been released for Free RPG Day - which has been and gone for this year. If one does come out, I suspect it would be for Gen Con.

One other comment - at the level of detail the preview adventures contain, 2nd edition is essentially identical to Black Crusade and Only War: previous 'taster' adventures haven't included critical damage, comrades, squad/solo modes, Profit, etc etc.

If you play Edge of Darkness using the combat rules in Only War, you're 99% there.

Edge of darkness was a great one. I wish they'd return to such style of Cthulhuesque adventures again.

Well - of course there is always the possibility to create some within the community - we could make a small competition for it to spice things up ;) Maybe FFG supports this idea ?

In general, I'd prefer to have the game an expansion that also would focus on investigation & bring some talents & psychic powers that support this style of play.

Edited by GauntZero