Need more info

By Lepusek, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Hi all

I bought Warhammer Diskwars and it's an awesome game

And that's why I want more information about other expansions

Where are my Dark Elves and Ogres .... we need more information FFG !!! ASAP for the love of God

:D

what race we would like to see in the next expansion?

Edited by Lepusek

The following will definitely show up in the next 2 expansions: Wood Elves or Lizardmen for Order; Dark Elves or Skaven for Destruction. We are likely to see a single regiment each for 2 additional new factions.

Personally, I would love Ogre Kingdoms.... extra points if they're all medium-sized disks or larger (except for gnoblars) :)

If they do Ogres and Tomb Kings, I would expect a long wait. They'll want to finish the armies they've already started first.

Personally, I would love Ogre Kingdoms.... extra points if they're all medium-sized disks or larger (except for gnoblars) :)

medium sized Ogres is sweet idea :wub: with impact and maybe slow, and gnoblar trapers with some kind of defensive trap ranged attack usable before receiving pining :o or leadbelchers which applies scaters as hit and still get another target.

so many amazing option :wacko: :D

do it FFG !!

I was just looking back at the news feed for Diskwars, and the core was released in December, with the expansions announced in March, if they keep to that schedule, it will be September before we hear anything new... I'm really hoping they move a little faster, but we shall see.

Personally, I can't get enough of this game. But I don't have a real good idea of how it's selling, so at this point, I'm not sure if they have any reason to push things out faster. But I'd sign an NDA in a heart beat to get my hands on the next expansions a little faster... ;)

medium sized Ogres is sweet idea :wub: with impact and maybe slow, and gnoblar trapers with some kind of defensive trap ranged attack usable before receiving pining :o or leadbelchers which applies scaters as hit and still get another target.

so many amazing option :wacko: :D

do it FFG !!

Exactly. There are so many interesting things they could do with that army :)

I was just looking back at the news feed for Diskwars, and the core was released in December, with the expansions announced in March, if they keep to that schedule, it will be September before we hear anything new... I'm really hoping they move a little faster, but we shall see.

Personally, I can't get enough of this game. But I don't have a real good idea of how it's selling, so at this point, I'm not sure if they have any reason to push things out faster. But I'd sign an NDA in a heart beat to get my hands on the next expansions a little faster... ;)

Judging by the numbers of reviews on BoardGameGeek and the number of posts on the Diskwars forum here on FFG, the game appears to be relatively unpopular (compared to games like the LCGs and Star Wars X-wing). I think the disk concept is a turn-off for people because they don't realize just how well it actually works in practice. Personally, I think this is the best "miniatures battle" game I have ever played.

That said, I'm hoping that the game will pick up after the scheduled FFG tournament in the fall.

Edited by kazik

If they do Ogres and Tomb Kings, I would expect a long wait. They'll want to finish the armies they've already started first.

They could include a single regiment of Ogres in one of the next ones (fingers crossed)

Judging by the numbers of reviews on BoardGameGeek and the number of posts on the Diskwars forum here on FFG, the game appears to be relatively unpopular (compared to games like the LCGs and Star Wars X-wing). I think the disk concept is a turn-off for people because they don't realize just how well it actually works in practice.

Sad, but true. I don't know that the sales are high enough to warrant more effort on their part--but we can hope. As it stands, I have been impressed already with their aggressive development. I honestly didn't expect them to produce expansions as quickly as they did.

In response to the OP, I agree with what others have said. The current races are the most likely to be the recipients of expansions. If we get new races, though, I do think that Ogres would be cool. I would also want some Brettonians. They could be packaged together as a new army style: primarily medium-disk armies either with special rules that allow for all-medium or higher army composition, or with heroes that allow the same thing. That would be pretty cool, allowing players to ignore disk-size restrictions. Both could also have lots of impact and there are obviously many disks that could be explored and tons of interesting battle abilities that could be created. I may or may not have already started creating and adding on to a Brettonian army in my head every chance I get...