Just want to make sure I understand Trench Run...

By GoblynByte, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

I know this was an expired yet oft bludgeoned horse (from what I've gathered on the many threads), but I want to make sure I am interpreting the rules correctly and understanding the clarification in the FAQ.

The FAQ states (explicitly) that Trench Run is only affected by framework effects. So this means that ONLY (no exceptions) the blast icons can cause damage to the DS dial. Cards that cause damage to an "objective," or even an "engaged objective," have absolutely no effect on the DS dial that is enhanced by Trench Run.

Correct?

Oh, and unopposed damage.

Yes, as it is not an objective so just blast damage combat icons and unopposed damage. Exactly what it states on page 10 of the FAQ.

So a revisit here. If it is not an objective you could attack it multiple times as by the frame work you cannot attack an objective card twice but hey the dial is not an objective.

never mind as if it was an objective declares it all

So if the LS has the force token, can it be used to damage the Death Star with Trench Run?

So if the LS has the force token, can it be used to damage the Death Star with Trench Run?

Nope, because the balance damage can only be dealt to an objective (and the Death Star dial is not an objective).