Chaos Faction Preview

By Toqtamish, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Guys come on, take this somewhere else or just use your ignore lists for each other.

Chaos looks strong. A great preview of them from Adeptus Podcastus, Toq.

My question is, can I use Shrine of Warpflame to pick up a Tzeentch's Firestorm that I just used to kill an opponent's unit? Or is it a timing thing where the Firestorm isn't in the discard pile until after the reactions to it finish? Does anyone know yet? (I'm thinking this is not known yet.)

If it is able to do that then that's a powerful combo of recursive unit destruction by Firestorm. Actually, even if it isn't - you can still do this combo with 2x Tzeentch's Firestorm! Wow...

I think Booored and Wonderwaaaagh are in the clutches of a slow corruption by Khorne. Forum blood for the blood god!!!

My question is, can I use Shrine of Warpflame to pick up a Tzeentch's Firestorm that I just used to kill an opponent's unit? Or is it a timing thing where the Firestorm isn't in the discard pile until after the reactions to it finish? Does anyone know yet? (I'm thinking this is not known yet.)

I think it's safe to say no one knows yet. As you say, it depends on whether the event card is put in the discard pile immediately upon its resolution (like in the Star Wars LCG), or whether it is put in the discard pile at the end of its action window (like in the Game of Thrones LCG). Since it works differently in different LCGs, we can't even make an educated guess.

And all of that assumes this LCG follows a "first in, first out" kind of flow, too (so that the event would resolve before the reaction initiates). I think that's a much safer assumption since all the other LCGs do work that way (as far ask I know, anyway), though.

Guys come on, take this somewhere else or just use your ignore lists for each other.

It's alright, I think the conversation's over. If it comes up again I'll kindly point him toward the nearest Magic forum, so he can tell posters there all about how the graveyard ruined their game.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

you just couldn't leave it alone could you?

Regardless of the fact that you have no idea what your talking about. The examples you used are NOT the cards that were banned form MTG. This isn't something you can argue about.. it is a FAMOUS period in MTG history.. just look it up. The cards you linked are the ones left over and while they are just terrible cards they are not examples of completely broken cards.

This plague marine is (as I said about 3 times but I'll say it again so there is no chance you will not understand.. but then I thought that the last 3 times... so.. here goes...

The card is is a bad precedence.. not a bad card in itself. Well it is a bad card, and the effect is open to abuse just like it is in MTG. Still the "precedence" of yard play is here, so it will only be one of many more to come that will be more and more complex examples of out of play effects will follow and it is in THOSE cards that the possibility of the game breaking, lead to horrid timing issues and cause painful targeting problems. Look at MTG, Look at CoC, look at aGoT.

Now, I know you will come back with some trite that is completely off topic or just wrong but I'm done with you. Believe what ever you like, no skin of my nose how wrong you are. I'll just bookmark this thread and bring it back to the light when things go wrong.. which they will.. wait and see.

Edited by booored

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point. Probably the former. Why do you insist that the burden is on me to prove your point for you? Please, post a link to this "famous period in MTG history." Otherwise I'm forced to believe that you're just a bad troll, seeing as how you refuse to offer anything more substantive than "nuh uh, google it!"

There's a good reason why I'm not talking about the cards that were banned from Magic. Several reasons, actually. One, there are no such cards. Two, assuming they existed in the first place, they still have zero bearing on this conversation. You said that Virulent Plague Squad is going to ruin Conquest. Here's your actual quote:

These kind of cards suck ass. I hate cards that interact woth the discard pile. They are just such a pain to use, open to abuse and cheating by asshats. The only way to use this card easily is to use tokens on it to count the cards, yet arguable this information should be hidden. Just a fine example of a bad card.

I would love for you to explain to me how showing you several cards - cards that do the exact same thing that you think will break this game, and that were printed within just the past few years - is "completely off topic." Again, look at Runechanter's Pike :

1) It does not suck ass. It actually saw use in several top tier decks while Delver of Secrets was dominating standard. Maybe you meant that it "sucks ass" because you simply don't like graveyard interactions, which would be purely subjective.

2) It isn't a pain to use, as other people have pointed out. All you have to do is look at your graveyard any time the ability becomes relevant. Surely even a seven year old has the ability to count a handful of cards.

3) If you can point me toward an article documenting people abusing this mechanic, I'd be happy to read it. I'm certainly not aware of any high level graveyard mishegoss that came about as a result of the card itself, rather than sleight of hand, which can happen with any card or mechanic. Please bear in mind that telling me to google evidence to support your claim is not a convincing argument.

4) There's another way to use this card easily; your fingers. Or, you know, just communicate with your opponent.

5) Even if the graveyard should be hidden, which is a laughable notion in and of itself, there's nothing stopping your opponent from simply writing things down as they transpire. I once played the Magic state champ at a side event, and every time he got a look at my hand ( Duress ) he made a point to write down the cards he saw, then crossed them out as I played them. That's just smart playing as far as I'm concerned.

---

If you really are done with this thread, then please, be done with it and we'll all consider ourselves that much luckier. If you absolutely must insist that you know what you're talking about, feel free to drop by the Magic forums that I also post at, http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums . I'm sure there'll be no shortage of people willing to elucidate you on the error of your ways.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

I am going to add to this that I cannot believe this is still being argued about. But to add my two sense again.

Booored, I appreciate all opinions, but I have to agree with WonderWaaaagh here, could you provide an article or card list that was banned in MTG? I looked and could not find anything in multiple searches and in the all time banned list, I could only find 1 card that interacts with the discard pile but not in the way that the Plague Squad does. I am also a long time AGOT player and I have never seen any game breaking issues with the discard pile. The only one I can think of is the current infinite loop issues that are going on but they do not have effects like the Plague Squad does.

I am not trying to poo on you here Booored, but saying a card and its mechanic is going to break the game, before the game has even hit the shelves, is a rather tall statement.

it is an issue. Mark my words. I'll book mark this thread and then mid cycle when people are having 10 page arguments about timing and other discard pile issues I'll link back to this thread andal the people in it that have no idea how card game in fact work.

I haven't seen a lot of "discard pile issues" just yet, have you?

I am not trying to poo on you here Booored, but saying a card and its mechanic is going to break the game, before even trying the game , is a rather tall statement.

Corrected for you bro. booored is as stubborn as he can be. In this other thread you'll find how troll he is.

Back on topic, I can't wait to try those new juicy Chaos cards!

Edited by timezero