CotW - Story 5 - A Matter of Trust Setup Question.

By givver, in Mansions of Madness

I am trying to setup "A Matter of Trust" for the Call of the Wild expansion for the first time but I am having a problem understanding where to put the exploration cards. It says to pull out 36 cards but if I follow the instructions in Steps 5 and 6 I only use 29 of the 36 cards. What do I do with the rest?

Step 4 of the Investigator Setup says to find 36 specific Exploration Cards.

Step 5 says to deal one random exploration card into each space excluding the center of the pond, start space and each space of the bard. ( 26 cards used)

Step 6 says to put one additional card into the outhouse, center of the hilltop and sawmill. (3 cards used))

After Step 5 I have only used 26 of the 36 cards, or 32 if I put cards outside the barn but not on the spaces inside the barn.

After Step 6 I have only used 29 of the 36 cards or 35 of the 36 cards if I put cards outside the barn but not on the spaces inside the barn.

What do I do with the extra exploration cards or am I not counting the spaces correctly?

Thanks to Jeff C over at BoardGameGeek.com I now know what I was doing wrong. I was missing one of the spaces on the Out-House (There are 3 spaces not 2 as I was counting it).

And I was supposed to be putting cards around the outside of the barn just not on the spaces inside it.

Now all all the cards get used and everything works out perfectly.