Arkham Inquiries?

By Rezza, in Fan Creations

Hi all,

I found this fan expansion (sorry, I don't know who the author is) http://sites.google.com/site/arkhaminquiries/ buried in the forums, saved it to my favourites but typically when i went there today to download it it's disappeared. Does anyone know if it's moved anywhere else or do they have a copy of it they could upload?

Cheers!

Yeah, looks like the site is gone. If my other computer were working I could upload all the Inquiries stuff to rapidshare or a similar server, but I can't access any of it right now.

This does sound interesting.

Thorgrim did you every use the expansion?

No, never got around to using it, just grabbed it because it sounded cool when I saw it.

Unfortunately I don't get to play AH anywhere near as much as I'd like these days, so when I do I'm playing to restore my sanity (somehow that works in my bizarro universe) and usually don't want to throw in unofficial stuff, and haven't even begun playtesting a heap of my own custom stuff.

If no-one else can, as soon as I have a new motherboard in my other PC I will upload it to rapidshare, but that may still be a while. I can't even switch hard drives thanks to this computer being too old for SATA.

Cool, thanks Thorgrim. Hope you get your motherboard sorted out soon but there's no rush, I can wait.

But if anyone else wants to jump in and upload it then go for your life, it'll be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I am the author of Arkham Inquiries. My apologies for deleting the site. I'm actually a bit flattered that anyone even noticed. I never got much feedback on the concept, let alone any news of real playtesting, so I assumed it wasn't that popular.

To make matters worse: When I originally announced the Task Deck in this forum, the moderators apparently objected to something in it, because my thread was deleted within a week (or moved to somewhere I couldn't find). I wasn't even told why. I assumed they thought I was violating copyright somehow. I found that a bit discouraging and moved on to other projects.

I've been buried in some real-world obligations for many months, and only recently read the news about Innsmouth and the character story cards. Since my inspiration for the Task Deck was also to extend the character stories, many of the tasks were themed accordingly. I expect my choices will conflict greatly with the Innsmouth cards. Once I get my hands on Innsmouth, I would like to rework the tasks to play better with the story cards and the new investigators.

I deleted Arkham Inquiries because I now consider the concept obsolete, although I will probably repost it if I successfully re-tool the Task Deck. Meanwhile, if people are still interested, I can dig around and see if I kept the original files.

Thanks again for your interest, and I welcome any feedback on ways to improve the Task Deck, or things you would like to see included in a new version.

Hello Ophryon,

Thank you for posting that update. I certainly do look forward to seeing your expansion. What I have read about it seems excellent, as it seems brings minor stories that have a wide range of affects. Having not seen it is rather difficult to comment, on your expansion, but I do have a suggestion.

Might there be a way to do a task/quest that would require a number of investigators working together to solve? Perhaps, multiple part tasks that tell an unfolding story. The story might be a telling of a Lovecraft tale.

A number of people were brainstorming, if clues could be used in a way that would tell a story.

Thank you!

Hi Ophryon, thanks for the update. I'm relatively new to the whole Arkham Horror scene but i'd definitely be interested in trying out your Task Deck. I should've been quicker in downloading it!

I do like Lemmingsunday's suggestion of multi-part tasks telling an unfolding story, that would be great.

Looks like there's still life in this one!

Cheers.