New player looking to move past demo decks

By Monkerton, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hi all.

I am new to the game, got my first core set last week and second is on it's way. So far I've been unable to find players in my area, so while I try to introduce the game to folks I'm not planning to buy more than the core sets.

But I am wanting to use better decks than the demo ones. Can anybody suggest the best decks for each affiliation or an online resource that has these lists?

Thanks in advance.

You can find lots of decklists posted (and pretty good deck builders) on cardgamedb.com or fliptheforce.com

That said, I would lean towards keeping the demo decks for teaching people unless they're card game veterans. By cutting down on the synergies of the decks you cut down how many moving parts they have to keep track of while learning the game and make it less overwhelming.

Oh, and welcome to the game!

You can find lots of decklists posted (and pretty good deck builders) on cardgamedb.com or fliptheforce.com

That said, I would lean towards keeping the demo decks for teaching people unless they're card game veterans. By cutting down on the synergies of the decks you cut down how many moving parts they have to keep track of while learning the game and make it less overwhelming.

Oh, and welcome to the game!

Thanks. I'm going to be 'pushing' it at the local store, so anybody likely to give it a go will be experienced with card games.

Due to this, the demo decks have come over as a little simplistic so far, which is why I wanted to up things a little in terms of complexity.

Let's see if I can remember some of the power decks from back then to help you out then (most decks you see posted will include cards from expansions beyond the 2 core sets)...

DS:

Imperial Navy Affiliation

Fall of the Jedi x2

Counsel of the Sith x2

The Emperor's Web x2

Imperial Command x1

Defense Protocol x2

Reconnaissance Mission x1

(This deck was used by the first National champion and continued to do well throughout the entire first year or so of the game's life)

LS:

A Hero's Journey x2

In You Must Go x2

Forgotten Heroes x2

Secret of Yavin 4 x2

Questionable Contacts x2

A little trickier of a deck to play, and did not hold up to the test of time near as well, but relatively solid for what you can do with just 2 core sets. Does take patience to play well... dropping Han or Yoda without at least one Guardian of the Peace on the board could end up disastrous.

The LS Deck should be S&S Affiliation, IIRC.

The LS Deck should be S&S Affiliation, IIRC.

Correct, that is the old Smugglers Den deck.

another good DS deck was Big Red Bus, basically Devastator, Vader, Emperor, Counsel.