Finger of Death&Scroll of Exile

By Velhart, in Talisman Rules Questions

I was just reading the card and something came to my mind.

If you use the finger of death on a enemie that combines strength with another strength enemy, are they both death then.

Together they are one enemy...

Same question is for the scroll of exile. You can use the scroll of exile on any enemy to send them to the discard pile.

So if you use it on a combined strength enemy ( 2 strength enemies) does they go both to the discard pile?

Or is this only for one enemy.

Velhart said:

If you use the finger of death on a enemie that combines strength with another strength enemy, are they both death then.

Same question is for the scroll of exile. You can use the scroll of exile on any enemy to send them to the discard pile.

So if you use it on a combined strength enemy ( 2 strength enemies) does they go both to the discard pile?

Provide full text of both cards. :) (if You have the time)

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Provide full text of both cards. :) (if You have the time)

So you can kill them both...? sonrojado.gif

Actually I'll know both cards. For personal use. But maybe I also will know solution for this topic gui%C3%B1o.gif

Interesting questions. Let me have a look at the cards.

Finger of Death says Cast on any character or creature who you are about to engage in battle. If cast on a character, he loses 2 life. If cast on a creature, it is killed. Enemies killed might be taken as trophies .

It's not limited by a Craft roll as Fireball/Wand of Dragonfire, but instructions are the same. You can kill any creature with it. This surely includes multiple Enemies that fight as a single one, just like Assassin's Special Ability. He rolls only once to assassinate both, and you can cast Fireball or Finger of Death at both in the same action.

Scroll of Exile is: The Scroll may be used against any Enemy you are about to encounter. Instead of encountering the Enemy, it is exiled to the discard pile, along with this card .

This is subtler. The card speaks of Enemies and has no relation to battle, only to encounters. For example, you may exile an Enemy you wouldn't fight at all, such as the Ekor if your Strength is 3 or more. Since Enemies count as a single one just for combat purposes, and Scroll of Exile is used before resorting to battle, it affects only one Enemy (=discard only one Enemy card).

I hope my interpretation is correct, but official approval is most welcome.

The_Warlock said:

Finger of Death says Cast on any character or creature who you are about to engage in battle. If cast on a character, he loses 2 life. If cast on a creature, it is killed. Enemies killed might be taken as trophies .

It's not limited by a Craft roll as Fireball/Wand of Dragonfire, but instructions are the same. You can kill any creature with it. This surely includes multiple Enemies that fight as a single one, just like Assassin's Special Ability. He rolls only once to assassinate both, and you can cast Fireball or Finger of Death at both in the same action.

Scroll of Exile is: The Scroll may be used against any Enemy you are about to encounter. Instead of encountering the Enemy, it is exiled to the discard pile, along with this card .

This is subtler. The card speaks of Enemies and has no relation to battle, only to encounters. For example, you may exile an Enemy you wouldn't fight at all, such as the Ekor if your Strength is 3 or more. Since Enemies count as a single one just for combat purposes, and Scroll of Exile is used before resorting to battle, it affects only one Enemy (=discard only one Enemy card).

It's not limited by a Craft roll as Fireball/Wand of Dragonfire

Hmm, for me You cannot cast that Spell, when You're trying to fight in Psychic combat. But I would agree with using the FoD.

Looks like Scroll also can "kill" other Enemies who has any effect before the battle, such like Storm Caller, without being affected by that effect.

Nemomon said:

The_Warlock said:

Hmm, for me You cannot cast that Spell, when You're trying to fight in Psychic combat. But I would agree with using the FoD.

Right, you can't cast it in psychic combat, but what I was trying to say is that Fireball and Wand of Dragonfire require a die roll. Add your Craft to the result and compare with Enemy's Strength: if you fight more than one creature it can be difficult to succeed (i.e. Goblin Marauders + Bronze Dragon = Str 16). With FoD, you can wipe out Mimic, Colossal Ogre and Battle Hulk with no effort, because it doesn't require a check (based on Craft).

Nemomon said:

Looks like Scroll also can "kill" other Enemies who has any effect before the battle, such like Storm Caller, without being affected by that effect.

Yes, it can be useful sometimes.

The_Warlock said:

You have a good point.

i vote for this gran_risa.gif

I hope talismansilat will take a look here.

The Finger of Death and the Fireball are targeted at only one Enemy I'm afraid! The difference between these Spells and the Assassin's special ability is that the Spells are cast before you engage in battle and the assassin uses his ability in battle.

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

The Finger of Death and the Fireball are targeted at only one Enemy I'm afraid! The difference between these Spells and the Assassin's special ability is that the Spells are cast before you engage in battle and the assassin uses his ability in battle.

Ell.

So, in that case, if we're fighting against Dragon and Lion, we can cast a FireBall at Dragon, kill it and fight against Lion. Then we can take both of them as trophy (at FireBall is nothing about that, that we cannot take killed Enemy as trophy)?

talismanamsilat said:

Ell.

Oh my, you're right! I made the same reasonment for Scroll of Exile, but Finger of Death and Fireball are the same thing. "cast before you engage in battle"!

I believe that if your Finger of Death is cast with success, you may immediately take the Trophy, then resort to battle with the remaining Enemy/Enemies.

The_Warlock said:

talismanamsilat said:

Ell.

Oh my, you're right! I made the same reasonment for Scroll of Exile, but Finger of Death and Fireball are the same thing. "cast before you engage in battle"!

I believe that if your Finger of Death is cast with success, you may immediately take the Trophy, then resort to battle with the remaining Enemy/Enemies.

That makes sense.

It's before they are fighting together, so Fireball, Finger of Death and Scroll of Exile is used on one enemy. cool.gif