Idea the "bridge" the distance?

By JudJackalTom, in Warhammer Invasion Organized Play

Playmates! I have got an idea how to get more attendance in to tourneys. What do you think about organizing an online virtual tourney?

I do not mean play from home with a camera but I am pretty sure in the 21st century that shouldn't be an issue to solve some superior conference video calls between long distance cities.

Need clubs by areas then collect there the local players?

All we need same really well organized people who can coordinate the drawing the match ups and synchronize the two or more places locally. Also couple of good PCs with cameras by clubs with a good broadband, of course we have to lay on some basic rules what the players can trust and rely on during the virtual tourney.

Any interests? Reply to the post and brainstorm the details.

Edited by JudJackalTom

There is a tool for playing Warhammer Invasion online. You may want to take a look at this here:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/88604-octgn-image-files/

It is nice to see someone still expending some effort for the game, but i think it might be useless after all. Many players already quit the game. And as you can see, there is not much activity here on the board. You might want to reconsider and instead enjoy the game with your friends.

Yep I know that. But basically what I was thinking to organizing tourney-s. I have a post somewhere else http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/94503-alternative-world-championship/

It is nice to play online with other players but basically the distance is the biggest issue for everyone to going to a tourney. So what I just thinking about with cameras and real cards. I believe it would be a different feeling. ;)

I hope they release an official W:I online version with all sets and more, maybe with a serious tournament system with the system "pay for play the event" and real rewards. Can be helpfully for the game, my FAV board game!