Political card question

By Krynn007, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Last night during our 4 player game in our first turn this political card came up.

I forget what it was called, but it was a law, and if agreed on it then during the strategy phase you select a strategy and give to a player. So long as he didn't all ready have one.

If turned down then you had to give your Strategy to the player to your left

In a four player game you pick two strategies. So we played it as we picked two strategy and passed them both along

But today it was brought up that on the card or states "so long as a player does not have a strategy."

So now we are wondering after everyone has a strategy, do we pick our own for the second? Or do we still pick for the other players until everyone had two?

Actually I have another question someone was wondering about

During the game I traded with another player. I forget what it was for but he gave me an action card

Later it was brought up can you trade whatever yout want when ever you want?

Just wondering because the Hacan trait ability says they can trade action cards during the status phase.

So this lead us to assume maybe we can't trade action cards at any time.

If not is there any time that action cards can be traded?

I mean if you can trade any time, then that would be a crappy trait ability for the hacan, no?

Edited by Krynn007

Later it was brought up can you trade whatever you want when ever you want?

The only thing that most people are allowed to trade is Trade Goods, which may be done at any time, IIRC. And your Trade Agreements during execution of the Trade SC, of course.

If not is there any time that action cards can be traded?

You can't trade action cards at all, unless you are the Hacan, or trading with the Hacan per their ability. In theory Hacan could facilitate a trade between two other players if he wanted to. ("You give me those ACs for nothing and then I'll give them to him for nothing, and we'll do the reverse to get you your cards.") That is, however, entirely dependent on the Hacan player's cooperation.

You can't trade anything else either, as far as I recall. Just Trade Goods.

Well you can always trade promises. None of which are binding in any way. So you could accept a bunch of Trade Goods to promise not to attack a specific planet and then go right ahead and attack. And be under no obligation, other than your own morale, to give the TGs back.

Edited by Fnoffen