first Scum deck - need suggestions

By MarthWMaster, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

I've long been impressed with the Z-95 Headhunter . While I don't expect its text to come into play very often since players will see it coming, and likely pitch their unit cards in the edge battle, it remains a rugged fighter at 3 damage capacity and two black icons: unit and blast damage. One might almost think it an improvement over the modern X-Wing , if more expensive. And Slave I , apart from being Boba Fett's ship and also looking completely awesome, seems like it could be a powerhouse in the late game, once a few cards have been captured. So I decided I wanted to build a Vehicle -themed Scum and Villainy deck that aims for an aggressive playstyle. I've found this theme to be a lot of fun, and some unexpected combos have appeared. I especially like pairing Remote Hideout with Tractor Beam for a defense against Sleuth Scouts. So far, though, I'm having trouble fitting in the cards that will perform the captures I need in order to really beef up my Scum cards, and make Slave I a serious threat. If possible, I would like to keep the Vehicle theme consistent, as it seems to synergize well so far, barring said flaws with capturing. Above all though, I'm the type of player who really just prefers to play something different. Any and all help would be appreciated!

The Mercenary Fleet

Affiliation: Imperial Navy

Objectives (10)

Units (28)

2x •Dengar

2x •Greedo

2x •Slave I

4x AT-ST

2x AT-ST Commander

4x Kihraxz-class Assault Fighter

4x Paid Informant

2x Traitorous Wing Guard

2x Ugnaught

4x Z-95 Headhunter

Enhancements (8)

2x Aft Armor Plating

2x Bounty

2x Cloud City Incinerator

2x Remote Hideout

Events (8)

2x Captured

2x Carbonite Chamber Activation

2x Prized Possession

2x Tractor Beam

Fate (6)

6x Target of Opportunity

EDIT: Took out 2x Jabba's Orders for 2x Hive of Scum and Villainy, for the guaranteed captures provided by Captured. (As a Nedly player, I justify it that because the Empire is hiring these mercenaries to bolster its Outer Rim fleets, they wouldn't care as much about following Jabba's Orders.)

Edited by MarthWMaster

Needs more Palpatine

I tried making a vehicle based Scum & Villany deck as well, but its hard to make it work because of the lack of consistent capturing. 2 x Jabba's reach could fit in very well, since its Pleasure Barges synergize with tractor beam (Get one focus off a focused unit, then transfer it to a sleuth scout).
Slave I probably works best in a 2v2 setting where 2x Carbonite Transport are splashed into a Navy vehicle heavy deck and your friend plays pure Scum with consistent capture (since Slave I gains extra blast damage for each objective with a captured card, you can profit from your teammates capturing). And tractor beam in a Navy vehicle deck is just awesome.