New to the game- a few questions

By Srgnt Kurgan, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hello,

I just read the rules in pdf and looked through walkthrough and have a few noob questions.

1. Resources :

Say I have 2 unused resources after I finished my turn, cuz I didn't get to spend them. My opponent does his thing, and now it's my turn again. If my kingdom for example produces total of 3 resources at the moment, can I add the 2 unused resources from my previous turn making it total of 5 usable resources? Or do these resources become "unused" and go to the middle of the table to resources pile, and now I have only 3 resources again?

2. Development :

After you place development card face down, can you turn it face up during your next turn and pay the cost to play that card? And also, if it's still face down, can I activate the card's abilities if it's face down?

3. Development :

If you place the development card face down, and your opponent is attacking your zone where the development card is placed, does it "soak" up 1 point of damage and is destroyed and put into your discard pile? Or does it make your zone gain 1 extra point, making it 9 hit points instead of 8? (do you have a choice to discard it to soak up damage?)

If it makes your zone go up to 9 hit points, what happens if I decide to play the development card and turn it face up next round, paying it's cost (not sure if it's legal to do that)? Does the zone immediately lose the 1 point and becomes 8 hit points again? (This could cause the zone to burn if 8 damage was on it already!).

4. In combat :

If I have say 3 units on the Battlefield along with 2 developments: if I'm assigning damage to the enemy, and he chooses to block all 3 units and deal damage back to me, is it legal to use the faced-down development card's abilities at all? (maybe one of them has some type of "save" ability). Or do development cards stay down during that turn?

5. Defending :

Can the enemy use more than 1 unit to defend against 1 of my attackers? Say I have 1 unit with attack of 4- can the enemy use for example 4 units with each defense of 1 to negate my attack?

I really appreciate any help with this, thank you and have a great day!! :)

-Kurgan

1. At the beginning of your kingdom phase, all unused resources go back to the supply, then you gain new resources based on the power icons in your kingdom zone.

2. You cannot just turn a development face up if you want to. Some card effects will allow you to though. Everything printed on a facedown development is ignored, except for the Ambush keyword.

3. The zone gets one extra hit point for each development in it. Developments aren't destroyed by damage dealt to the zone, only by card effects.

4. Again, unless a card effect explicitly allows you to turn a development faceup, it stays facedown. Also, when you are the attacker, the defender can only deal combat damage to your attacking units, not to your capital, if that's what you meant.

5. Yes. Units don't fight duels in Invasion. You can declare any number of the units in your battlefield as attackers, and the defender can declare any number of the units in the attacked zone as defenders, then they fight as groups.

Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated!

1. At the beginning of your kingdom phase, all unused resources go back to the supply, then you gain new resources based on the power icons in your kingdom zone.

2. You cannot just turn a development face up if you want to. Some card effects will allow you to though. Everything printed on a facedown development is ignored, except for the Ambush keyword.

3. The zone gets one extra hit point for each development in it. Developments aren't destroyed by damage dealt to the zone, only by card effects.

4. Again, unless a card effect explicitly allows you to turn a development faceup, it stays facedown. Also, when you are the attacker, the defender can only deal combat damage to your attacking units, not to your capital, if that's what you meant.

5. Yes. Units don't fight duels in Invasion. You can declare any number of the units in your battlefield as attackers, and the defender can declare any number of the units in the attacked zone as defenders, then they fight as groups.

1. You can modify that with some cards collecting resources on particullar cards then spend them as they would have been your resources. E.g.: https://deckbox.org/whi/Temple%20of%20Verena

5. Also you can have direct duels between units independently phases or combat damages if you own cards like:

https://deckbox.org/whi/Panther%20Champion

https://deckbox.org/whi/Lure%20Them%20Out