Reviews and differences with Heroquest, Troll Cave, Descent ?

By silenceindigo, in Drakon

Hello,

I'm looking for online reviews of Drakon, especially reviews that would highlight the positive and negative aspects of game play experience.

As someone stated earlier, how much is the game different from Heroquest, Troll Cave, Descent and other dungeon-board type games? Is it worth acquiring if I already have those?

Thanks!

The other post has a pretty thorough explanation of the differences between Descent and Drakon. Ive only played Cave Troll once and never played Heroquest, so I cant really accurately tell you the differences between Drakon and those games.

Thanks for the tip! I'm looking it out!

I play Descent, but untill this forum, i haven't heard of this game, but it sounds like another dungeon exploration game...im down with that.

I love how the game changes every time. It's a fun quick game.

Descent is much more involved and takes longer to play. You can get several games of Drakon in in the time it takes to play one of Descent.

Cave Troll is a fun game but I like Drakon better.

Haven't played Heroquest so can't comment there.

I have not played Drakon, however I have been looking into purchasing it recently.

I would like to know if anyone can make a comparison to Dungeonquest, Talismans sister game. I was a longtime fan of that game, still own it and all its expansions. If Drakon is the "new" Dungeonquest, and FF have no plans to release a revised Dungeonquest, then I would consider purchasing it if others seem to think it is a good game.

Thanks