Multiple Aquisitions

By Quoth, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

IV been reading and googling my little head off but I cant find anything that says how to handle multiple acquisitions at once.

Im assuming that each item you want requires a separate acquisition unless you want a weapon with an upgrade (that bit I found easy enough), but then if you wanted a new suit of armour a main weapon and a side arm, would you need to wait for 3 separate acquisition opportunities?

Im sure the general rule of 'Speak to your GM' applies here, Im just wondering if there is any written rule about multiple acquisitions.

Im assuming that each item you want requires a separate acquisition unless you want a weapon with an upgrade (that bit I found easy enough), but then if you wanted a new suit of armour a main weapon and a side arm, would you need to wait for 3 separate acquisition opportunities?

I this case, yes.

Mind you, as a GM, I'd simply let you have those aquisition checks, because they are for such small aquisitions each.

Per Into the Storm, each subsequent Acquisition a character makes at a particular location is at a -10 penalty.

Per Into the Storm, each subsequent Acquisition a character makes at a particular location is at a -10 penalty.

I really need to start refering more to Into the Storm. Theres so much in there!

Ty ty

Errant forgot to mention that this is mentioned as Optional Rule but it makes sense when making multiple Item Acquisitions per one Game Session.

Into the Storm p.221

Also there is nice Misfortune chart (7-9 not 9-41, Optional rule) when you fail your Acquisition by 5+ degrees, raging from Pickpocketed item to unwanted attention from Administratum, Inquisition etc etc.

Yeah, everyone kind of has their own thing going. My group started before Into the Storm was a thing and we've simply run with 10 acquisitions per person per "quest", redeemable retroactively at any time. I've seen tons of different ways of doing it, though.

The above is right for RAW, as a GM I tend to allow my players to make package rolls for similar things (ie, 1 IG kit with lasgun, armor etc.). I also allow a -20 best I can find roll where they can say "I need a sword." or "my bodyguard needs better armor" than roll, and I give them an option that they would have just made the roll for. If they don't want it, they get a new option 1 degree down, repeat.

Otherwise, I've given out multiple full-profit rolls when there's been a lot of in-game dead time.