Cylon Attack Card Ratio with all Expansions

By MCMC246, in Battlestar Galactica

The way I understand it, when using elements of all 3 expansions players must use all crisis cards, destination cards, skill cards, quorum cards, etc together. They can't pick and choose some of these.

But with a crisis deck made up of the cards from all 3 expansions and the core game, there are very few cylon attack cards. So if you're not using the cylon fleet option from Exodus, chances are you could go a whole game with no cylon attack crisis cards, which makes for a game light on combat.

That may be preferable for humans, but am I doing something wrong? It just feels a little like cheating. If its intended then that's okay. There's always the cylon fleet option if we just feel like more combat.

I think this was 'fixed' but only if you use All 4 expansions. The base game attach card frequency did get diluted noticeably with pegasus and exodus butdaybreak had a flood of attack cards (some of which were quite nasty) to rebalance the frequency.

Obviously if you use base game plus daybreak things may be tougher.

If you're worried maybe pick a ratio close to the base game frequency and explicitly build a crisis deck of around 100 cards with that ratio at random and make sure it gets a very good shuffle :)

Cheers! Daybreak did add a lot more, but we still find they don't come up at all most games.

Are you allowed to pick and choose crisis cards to add to the deck like that? Or would you recommend that as a home rules, thing? :)

No that's a pure 'adjustment for personal taste' thing if you weren't using all expansions ever ;)

We finally went the Cylon Fleet and CAC combined in a four expansion game, and still ended up drawing about four straight attacks. Bax shuffle job, I blame the Cylon.

We finally went the Cylon Fleet and CAC combined in a four expansion game, and still ended up drawing about four straight attacks. Bax shuffle job, I blame the Cylon.

When there are a lot of CACs around you really want someone to pick Laura or new helo... also Dee is good to have around to facilitate 'just hiding the civilians from the cylons till you can jump out of there