have been on my radar...

By Ruvion, in Ad Astra

Looks more Euroish than Ameritrash...it was the lack of faction specific variable powers (don't ask me why I had thought it had that in the first place) that turned me off initially, but I'll hafta reserve judgment until the rules are released. The fact that their is very little interaction other than profitting from others' card play, is what worries me most. Anyone that have played the prototype wants to speak up regarding their play experiences? Now's a good time.

Components look to be a lot like Cosmic....hmm, hope there is a lot of plastics to keep my eyes busy.

Bring on them rules!

I too have some reservations, mainly because of the tight bugdet I'll have this year, but every Faidytti game I have played has plenty of interaction! It remains to be seen if this one will have too.

Sounds like "Race for the Red Planet" to me. Which isn't a bad thing. happy.gif

Ad Astra is being listed at $59.95, which is lower than I first expected given the amount of components in the game and FFG's price increases this year. WIll have to find out more about this one. As Ruvion noted, it is an Ameritrash-Euro hybrid. Hopefully it will be the best of both worlds instead of the worst!

Yes, as the designer stated in another forum, just because it sounds like it's low on interactivity...most of his games have high player interactivity...

However, there doesn't appear to be a combat element in it. I think it sounds interesting, and thus far what we know makes it sound like a Race for the Galaxy mix with Settlers of Catan in space, it's high on my want list, but I really would hope it's not too late to add maybe just a wee bit of space battle/combat for those of us evil combat lovers...

I'm hoping maybe something similar to TI as well, but a LOT different too, I enjoy both the above games of RFTG and Settlers, so that has me excited, and I enjoy Sci-Fi, but I hope it's LESS like Red Planet and more like some of his other games personally.

Yes, looking forward to this one as well, I like what I have heard so far and it is high on my list of watch to purchase, as my budget this year like most will also have to be far more discreationary than in years past. But it does intrigue so far, and the lack of comabt may only mean it will hit the table MORE with my "main" group, so bring it on already!