Yithian Scout and Three Bells

By Pac_Man3D, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hi folks

Wondered if you might be able to clear this up for me - my google fu is weak and hasn't come up with the answers.

I have Yithian Scout in my discard pile, trigger its effect to discard a card from my opponent's deck and this returns YS to play. If I then use Three Bells to sacrifice him, can I use his once per turn ability again? Obviously, the card says ONCE PER TURN, but does the discard pile "remember" cards that go into it and then leave?

Also, I can't get any clarity on whether multiple copies of YS can trigger their mill ability each per turn - there's a lot of arguing back and forth in the forums. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Pac_Man3D

From the FAQ:

(2.9) Limit 1/Once

“Limit 1 per...” is a limitation carried by cards whose effects are triggered from out of play. A card of that name can only be triggered 1 time per stated t ime frame. “Limit once per...” is a limitation carried by cards whose effect are triggered from in play. That card’s effect can only be triggered once per stated time frame. If the effect of the card with either limitation is canceled the limit has still been met for that time frame.

Well, can you also explain what that means, TheProfessor? ;)

I prefer the following explanation:

“Limit once per X” refers to that specific ability on that
particular card. Each copy of a card with such a limit
may trigger its ability once per each period of X. This
type of limit tends to appear on cards that stay in play .

“Limit 1 per X” refers to all copies of a card, by title.
Only 1 copy of a card with the same title may be
triggered by each player during each period of X. This
type of limit tends to appear on event cards.

If a card or effect with a limit is canceled, it is still
considered to have been played or triggered, and counts
towards the limit.

:P

So, since Yithian Scout says 'once...', it can be triggered once per copy of the card.

Cheers for clearing that up for me! Much appreciated.

Nice to get the clarity regarding multiple copies of YS in the discard pile too.

Thanks!

Hi,

From the FAQ:

(2.9) Limit 1/Once

“Limit 1 per...” is a limitation carried by cards whose effects are triggered from out of play. A card of that name can only be triggered 1 time per stated t ime frame. “Limit once per...” is a limitation carried by cards whose effect are triggered from in play . That card’s effect can only be triggered once per stated time frame. If the effect of the card with either limitation is canceled the limit has still been met for that time frame.

But Yithian Scout trigger his hablity out of play. He trigger his hability from discard pile (it is out of play area). If he go to discard pile, he can trigger his hability again, isn't?

(sorry by my wrong english :P )

Edited by [email protected]

I have Yithian Scout in my discard pile, trigger its effect to discard a card from my opponent's deck and this returns YS to play. If I then use Three Bells to sacrifice him, can I use his once per turn ability again? Obviously, the card says ONCE PER TURN, but does the discard pile "remember" cards that go into it and then leave?

But Yithian Scout trigger his hablity out of play. He trigger his hability from discard pile (it is out of play area). If he go to discard pile, he can trigger his hability again, isn't?

here

See also section (2.23) Zones of Play - Out of Play in the FAQ, which states:

A card that moves from an in play zone to an out of play zone to an in play zone is treated as though it were a new card.

Also, I can't get any clarity on whether multiple copies of YS can trigger their mill ability each per turn - there's a lot of arguing back and forth in the forums. Any ideas?

So, since Yithian Scout says 'once...', it can be triggered once per copy of the card.

Edited by jasonconlon