Starting favors w/npcs....

By Joker, in Android

Hey, all.

Just got my copy of Android in the mail yesterday.

As I was setting up, I wondered: when each detective gets their 3 NPCs with the favors listed on them, does it mean:

A) we get 1 favor token of each type lsited on the NPC at the start of the game,

B) You ALWAYS have a favor token of each type to play with (so: I'll always have 9-10 favors to play with), or

C) Something else?

Thanks,

Joker

Joker said:

As I was setting up, I wondered: when each detective gets their 3 NPCs with the favors listed on them, does it mean:

You got it wrong I'm afraid. The NPC favours are placed by the side of the boad, next to the other favours. However, some characters do start with some. This is in the rulebook (I think) and printed on the character sheet. So, Ray starts with none. Louis starts with 2 Mr. Li and 1 Sara favour (I think)

Thanks! I'll check the instruction book again! :)

Okay, read the instruction book again. Is this it:

If I have this right:

1) If I am playing Louis, I have a favor, say from Mr. Li. I can get any ONE of the four types of favors listed on his piece, after which the NPC favor token is put back in the pool.

OR,

2) Since I have the Mr. Li token, I effectively start with four favors from him, and after I use one of each type of favor, the token is back in the pool.

I am leaning towards #1, in believing this is the proper way to play it. Am I right?

Thanks,

J

No. 1 is correct.