Runewars on Orphan Black

By RARodger, in Runewars

Was watching the latest episode of the quite good Orphan Black when there was a scene where some techs types were playing Runewars! And kind-of sort-of accurately. Well, for a TV show.

I was majorly excited.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but that's pretty cool!

Orphan Black is easily one of my favourite new shows, I'll definitely be on the lookout for that =)

Was just watching it this morning and busted a gut laughing when I saw what they were playing. Just when you think this show can't get any better :)

Did this show really improve that much from the first 3-4 episodes? My wife and I struggled through those and finally gave up - deciding it was yet another BBC series targeted at adolescents.

If it did improve can someone suggest where int he series to pick up watching again?

I have no idea where you get the idea this show is targeted at adolescents. Mature themes, violence, and sex, along with really good writing? If you don't get into it in the first 3 episodes, just walk away...

Also, it's Canadian, not BBC...

Edited by Titeman

Did this show really improve that much from the first 3-4 episodes? My wife and I struggled through those and finally gave up - deciding it was yet another BBC series targeted at adolescents.

IMHO this is a show that just keeps getting better. Every time I think to myself "okay, it's leveling out now" they go and do something CRAZY and it gets EVEN BETTER!

That said, my wife and I were definitely hooked by episode 3, so if you got that far and still didn't like it, maybe it's just not for you.

If you do decide to give it a second go, I would strongly recommend picking up where you left off. Trying to come in later would just confuse you and probably turn you off again, because the plot just keeps a ziggin' and a zaggin' all over the place.

Seriously, in the era of TV tropes I usually don't have too much trouble predicting where a show's plot is going next (in broad strokes,) but Orphan Black is one of few titles that manages to keep me guessing.

The fact that it's set in Toronto doesn't hurt, either. =)

Edited by Steve-O

Based on these comments, my wife and I checked out the show and we really liked it. That's some excellent acting!

Based on these comments, my wife and I checked out the show and we really liked it. That's some excellent acting!

Indeed. I find that I consistently need to remind myself that most of these characters are all being portrayed by one person. It's just so easy to forget - all the little mannerisms, I don't know how she keeps it all straight!

I'd let her keep me straight! (Zing!) :wub:

Also, that show was how I found out about RuneWars, so...It's a great show.

Edited by TheVoidStaresBack

Heck I have been playing Rune Wars since it came out. Painted my armies, put my tiles on customer made hard wood bases. Filled the mountains with plaster so they cant get smushed. Covered everything with Varnish. Sleeved everything. Made customer card holders. Now working on a case the epicness of the War of the Ring Collectors edition....But I have never heard of this Orphan Black Show.

I have never heard of this Orphan Black Show.

Well, now you have, so you have no excuse. :)

It's a very, very good show. Little drama, little sci-fi, lotta Tatiana Maslany. Highly recomend.