aGoT + HBO

By 9thimmortal, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Maybe I missed the thread? But the pilot has a green light and they have a date and everything! No casting decisions yet I have heard of...

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Awesome...

Totally awesome. Now, if we could only:

a) learn who is playing who

b) figure out how you started a thread in this area...

I just noticed this...I rock. I created a time/space vortex.

I didn't check out the link but I heard Sean Bean (Boromir) is going to play Eddard.

Confirmed by George R.R. Martin

• Eddard Stark - Sean Bean
  • Catelyn Stark - Jennifer Ehle
  • Robert Baratheon - Mark Addy
  • John Snow - Kit Harrington
  • Tyrion Lannister - Peter Dinklage

Speculation from based on clues from George R.R. Martin from his "Not a Blog"

• Cersei - Tricia Helfer, Kate Vernon, Claire Danes
  • Unknown - Milla Jovovich
  • The Hound - Ron Perlman
  • ??? - Alan Rickman
  • ??? - Helena Bonham Carter
  • Theon - Alfie Allen
  • Littlefinger - Aaron Doral

hmm not sure if i like the catelyn

also gotta let skeltantor know that Helna Carter might be in it.

kmedlinnc said:

Speculation from based on clues from George R.R. Martin from his "Not a Blog"
  • Cersei - Tricia Helfer, Kate Vernon, Claire Danes
  • Unknown - Milla Jovovich
  • The Hound - Ron Perlman
  • ??? - Alan Rickman
  • ??? - Helena Bonham Carter
  • Theon - Alfie Allen
  • Littlefinger - Aaron Doral

Those are some really bad speculations.

Here are some better speculations with justified connections to clues. www.towerofthehand.com/blog/2009/08/15_the_casting_game/index.html

Pilot has finished filming (= Can't wait to see it...

I can't wait either. I heard about the casting but not the date. What is the date they think? I bet it will take a while which will give me time time to finish the rest of the books. And speaking of books does anyone know when the fifth book might be released?

teh-V1s1on said:

I can't wait either. I heard about the casting but not the date. What is the date they think? I bet it will take a while which will give me time time to finish the rest of the books. And speaking of books does anyone know when the fifth book might be released?

I think more books may be a rumor at this point ... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Lars said:

hmm not sure if i like the catelyn

Jennifer Ehle is a great actress, I'm very confident about her capabilty to perform the role of Catelyn. Watch Pride and Prejudice TV mini-series to see how genuine her acting can be. The whole cast to AGoT series looks really promising.

A rumor? The fourth book leaves the door wide open. Word was 7 books. I could see leaving it short but there def needs to be a fifth.

I'm just an artifact from the old message boards. A convention that we still use here to indicate sarcasm is to put a tilde "~" before the sarcastic statement. We call it the "sarcasterisk". See this thread for more info.

Martin's plan is for more books. He has been working on the latest one for quite some time. See his blog for updates.

I was being sarcastic. Hence the wink!

I know "the plan" but since things progressively keep taking longer, and the fact that he's publishing other things that take priority, it prompted a sarcastic comment that was obviously misunderstood. My bad. gran_risa.gif

~I didn't know you were being sarcastic.

:) :)

~loved the books. hope the show is 1/2 as good. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I hope the show doesn't make the IP more expensive and ultimately prohibit FFG's continued publication of the LCG in favour of a different licensee.

KONRAD said:

~loved the books. hope the show is 1/2 as good. gui%C3%B1o.gif

It will be. Look at ROME and DEADWOOD. HBO can really make quality series like no other network.