Your best high scores...

By Finnius, in Elder Sign: Omens

Thought I would start a thread for reporting high scores...solo or multiple.

Mine isn't probably very high but I achieved 6105 solo with Jenny Barnes.

I don't know which campaign or # of turns..but now I record it in the high score 'name'...ie I might have a name of Y13....meaning Yig in 13 turns. Since I only use Jenny I don't need to add more to the line but I could also add "JB". So my high score name might read Y13 JB

Since the game doesn't record this info I think this is an excellent way for us to remember which campaign, turns and investigators were used to achieve that high score...

Edited by Finnius

My record is 6085. It was either Jenny solo against Ithaqua (or The Dark Pharaoh?), or a handpicked team against Hastur, where Luke Robinson opened so many Other Worlds through his ability, that it wasn't even funny.

Edit: typo

Edited by klaymen_sk

Mine is 6200. I think that was a Cthulhu game, and I have no idea who was on the team (I always play with 4 now). I've never been able to score all that high against the Pharaoh, even when I beat him- just don't get enough monsters or OWs. Have had a good number of games in the 5000 range against Tsathoggua and Hastur.

Mine is 7500. I can't remember which Ancient One, but I suspect it was against Cthulhu. Some Cthulhu games take forever to find those three totems which let you use spells, clue tokens, and the red and yellow dice in R'Lyeh, and the at midnight mythos cards are the tamest of the three very hard Ancient Ones.

mine is 6200 :3

I am presently at 135,715 on a Cthulhu mission, with nothing on the Doom Clock. I can post screen shots if people want?

Jenny (obviously), Joe Diamond (he is always my #2 as his "extra clue" feature is amazing, Leo Anderson and ending with Jacquiline... She is needed as she can reset the Mythos effect if its a doom...

The secret is to just keep the screen clear of deep ones... then when the mythos effect is connected to the amount of Deep Ones, it is the same as no mythos effect...

Leo is useful as his extra token really adds up...and his 5/5 makes him well rounded to deal with Alter of Darkness and Measureless to Man, each of which can take 4 from a stat... He has over 340 tokens now, and if I ever get a string of bad luck of Twilight Rituals that occur after Jaqueline took a turn (as it is Doom +2)...and if Jaquiline fails to stop the doom clock on her turn (sometimes Doom +1 can become Doom +2 and it sucks...) So Leo can buy the 15 token bonus, and has a good chance of getting a Doom -1. I usually only do this at Doom clock of 7 or 8, as you can usually fight it back down to 0 by focusing on the right missions...

The other secret is to power through the missions that have a Doom -1 chance (Raging Storm, Monsoon, Sailor's Doom, Temple of Madness, Measurless to Men), as they give Lighting Guns and Doom -1.

A lot of missions have a monster as a reward, so I find its best to do them in groups of 3, and then have the 4th investigator use a lightning gun if there are Deep Ones that spawned.... If the 3 monsters are not deep ones, focus on the other missions and save the lighting gun for the next round.

Anyhow, Jenny also has about 250 tokens, and the characters all have 20-30 clues and dozens of other items...

So, I think I could play forever now... But think that I will stop at 200K, so I can play more Ithaqua, which I find the best adventure...

hope this guide helps get some great scores!

Cheers!

Pat

P.S. I reached 8210 on a Jenny/Ithaqua Solo as my second best score...

wooh screen shots please, I wanna see

yeah pics or it didnt happen lol. jk jk

Ok... Here are the pics of my indestructible dream team.... That kept Cthulhu dreaming...

Note the gold for Leo and Jenny...

I simply got bored, and only had 2 on the Doom Clock. I think I could have player forever...

Someday I may try again, but substitute Leo for Luke (that opens other World's for 4 tokens)... The other world's would create a way to increase the points faster, and maybe the -1 Doom clock would mean that Jacqueline Fine would be able to do more adventures, instead of buying clues to use to reset the Mythos effect...

I don't think this accomplishment could be done without Jenny, as she is so overpowered... Joe is probably critical as well, as the double clue effect is the second most powerful skill.

Edited by relic113

I only play against Azathoth now. It's the quickest and the most basic but getting high scores is harder due to faster Doom track and you'll have to deliberately try to prolong the game as much as you can. My best scores are at numbers 5-10 using Jacqueline Fine and Diana Stanley (Other scores are vs Dark Pharaoh and Cthulhu.) so it's 7065 vs Azathoth using 2 investigators.

IMG.jpg