FFG: Logon Issues

By pinkymadigan, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

This site is eating my cookies.

NOM NOM.

No seriously, I have the Descent forum bookmarked, I get redirected to the main page and/or logged out. Today, instead of redirecting it logged me out and everytime I tried to login it returned me to the forums logged out, until I clicked on the pic where my avatar normally is and it suddenly showed me as logged in.

I'm using Firefox, if that helps any.

And now to beat dead horses: You guys should really use some standard forum software. This custom crap is garbage. No standard copy/paste, search function is terrible/doesn't filter by posts it's already returned/doesn't filter by game, overwrites spellcheckers embedded in browser, and now this crap.

The same thing has been happening to me, also with FF. And agreed, this forum software is not up to snuff.

I'm even using the FF addon CookieCuller to protect my cookies.... and they still get eaten.

Same here.

I do know that the forum software is not in its final version for the site, and is in the process of being upgraded. Slowly.

[adds voice to the howl]

I'm having a similar problem: when I logged in, I was logged in everywhere on the site outside of the forums. Clicking on the standin avatar picture fixed it.

*waves*

Pays eight threat or four surges to log back in*

The most recent forum problem for me (which may or may not be related) is apparently that if I leave a browser open reading the forum, and get logged out due to idleness, when I later refresh, it redirects me to the main FFG page instead of leaving me on the forum (but logged out). This is a change from previous behavior.

But yeah, that's just the most recent in a long series of technical difficulties with this forum.

This problem is because for some reason they switched the forum address, from new.fantasyflight... to www.fantasyflight

I solved it by simply deleting the cookie for the old link, deleting the bookmark and created a new bookmark for the forum after I went the "long" way to get there (main site -> log in -> enter forums -> choose subforum)

Hope this helps!

Switching "new" for "www" does appear to work now, but the web site and forums are still accessible even when using "new", and all links on the "new" version of the site still point to "new" not "www". So if this is their attempt to get everyone to switch back, they don't seem to be trying very hard.

Antistone said:

Switching "new" for "www" does appear to work now, but the web site and forums are still accessible even when using "new", and all links on the "new" version of the site still point to "new" not "www". So if this is their attempt to get everyone to switch back, they don't seem to be trying very hard.

Hm, if I go to new.fantasyflightgames.com and click either "Forums" or "Log In" in the top right corner I arrive at the www.fantasyflightgames.com site instead?

I think they wanted to keep their old address while trying out the new site, and now they're feeling content in that it works as they want it to, and are trying to switch back to the www one.

And I agree, they could have made it so that new.fantasyflightgames.com just directly took you to the www site instead, but I'm guessing they have their resources spread out now. lengua.gif

It appears that some (but not all) of the links have changed since I posted (or maybe I didn't check as thoroughly as I should have the first time). So for example, clicking "Home" in the upper-right corner goes to "www", but clicking the FFG logo in the upper left goes to "new".