Ok!The most of us have played Tomb of Ice,but...

By Constantine Veze, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

...in some points there are some mistakes to the map!Beside that,i want to ask all of you:

Suddenly,the game become easy for the heroes!That's very good too,but do you think that is time for an expansion with more adventures and less monsters???

The new Quest Compendium book is all quests, no new monsters.

Link

The heroes have to fight harder to get the glyphs in the ToI quests. And quest 3 looks to be a spawning OL's playground with all the corners.

I think they have enough expansions, and should now focus solely on content that takes advantage of them, like with the upcoming book. But it sounds like the biggest draw would be expanding on Road to Legend.

What about an expansion that would bring a 2nd Overlord in play, a 6th player? Not an Overlord that would help that 1st one, but one that would also compete against the other Overlord?

Some quests where war bands of beastmen and ferrox would be fighting against Shadows and Skeletons over some ancient buried relic. The heroes jumping in the middle of the conflict to get the stach for themselves.

Killing Heroes or Master Monsters would give points or something like this. The idea just came to me, but haven't thought too much about it.

I've yet to lose a quest as OL in ToI. I did play one until 5am on a weekday to a draw. I did have some luck in terms of cards drawn, poor player choices, bad hero draws, perhaps...but I don't know that it's an auto-win for the heroes.

On the other hand, a couple of other quests did go a little too smoothly for the heroes, but in one case we had an inexperienced OL and in another I had like Nanok, Sihlouette and Andira Runehand, got great skills and treasure draws and maybe rolled one miss the whole time. It may or may not mean something that I OL'd the evens and Hero'd the odds.

The ToI rtl content, from what I have seen and heard, appears to be some of the hardest stuff out there. I am now an official Ice Wyrm hater and will do everything in my power to make them all pay for their crimes. I may even kill one and drape its ironskin on my taunting tank for warmth...and sorcery protection. The king is dead. Long live the king.

Feanor, are you still bitter about the 42 conquest that I violated you for in the last dungeon level? I mean, I'l admit, that session was less of a game and more of a thorough beating, but hey, no hard feelings, right?

Feraldis said:

Feanor, are you still bitter about the 42 conquest that I violated you for in the last dungeon level? I mean, I'l admit, that session was less of a game and more of a thorough beating, but hey, no hard feelings, right?

Sunday. 11(ish). You will pay for your crimes. Your women will weep for you. Your children will not be able to recognize your broken remains...or something like that. It was a rough go. I am sure that an attempt to face another ice wyrm later will also be pretty rough. You pretty much have to kill the thing in two rounds or it will eat someone.

The combination of the timing of when we faced that thing was horrendous. Our luck with the dice was frustrating, but the play of the Overlord to prolong and take full advantage that ill-timed (traps, dodges, etc.) battle was tremendous. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back (you can use a mace if you can't reach with your arm). Heh.

There's (possibly) still a lot of campaign left to play. Enjoy these victories while you can. It is my hope they will not continue. But if not, it's still fun.