Gencon?

By Tim Huckelbery, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

I'd love to meet folks who were active in the beta at Gencon—anyone attending?

-Tim

Unfortunately no, I'd like to go but my summer is busy this year.

I'd love to (really) but I'll be kicking back on a beach in Mexico that week.

Maybe. I'm local to Indy and would love to bring the family down for a day. Depends on whether I can wrangle up enough extra clients to cover the costs. :)

I will also have to see what my schedule is like. I'd like to go, we'll see!

I'm going to try being there on Saturday. Are you planning on just running games that have to be signed up for, or will you be available for chatting?

I'm running Dark Heresy games pretty much all day each day its looking like, but drop by the FFG RPG rooms early and late in the day and I should be free to chat. We could try a breakfast gathering if there is sufficient interest perhaps.

Do the games need to be signed up for and how long do you expect them to last?

The ones I'm running are ticketed events, yes. I think they are all sold out, but we do take generic tickets for them if there are no-shows. Others are running DH games as well as a note, so it's worth checking the events list periodically.

Our Gencon events info is here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4824&epn=0

The link here has all our events (you need to create a user ID first though):

https://www.gencon.com/events/search?fri=true&group_sponsor=Fantasy+Flight+Games&sat=true&sun=true&thur=true&wed=true

The Dark Heresy sessions are 4 hours each.

-Tim

Edited by Tim Huckelbery

No, unfortunately not. I would really enjoy playing a game of Dark Heresy with one of the devs, though. Perhaps some time in the future.

Hi Tim, I'll be at Gen Con 2014 and happy to meet up for a pint. I haven't been part of the beta but I've run a first ed Dark Heresy campaign at home and games at Gen Con. I'm looking forward to the new release and I'm planning on running second ed next year at Gen Con!

Cool! I'm still getting my schedule sorted out to be honest, but I'd really love to at least do at least a breakfast gathering one morning before we start.

-Tim

I live on the wrong continent.

Same here. SPIEL is my homeground.

I'm up for breakfast! My game schedule starts at 10 AM daily so I should have no problem meeting up!

So how would breakfast early Saturday morning sound? Say around 7:30 or 8?

The Marriott buffet across from the convention center is a good one for me.

-Tim

So how would breakfast early Saturday morning sound? Say around 7:30 or 8?

The Marriott buffet across from the convention center is a good one for me.

-Tim

Sure! Please start without me if I'm not there right on time though! I'll be along directly. My games are in the Marriott so I have to be there anyway. I'll be wearing a black T-shirt that has MU Skulls written on the front and a skull logo of some kind (we have a few different ones).

I will likely be in a grey FFG shirt and my old 2nd Ed 40k cap :)

Well I wasn't active in the Beta, but I played in the first iteration of 2nd Edition's adventure at last Gencon under you actually. Managed to sit in with a group Sunday. Goint to try and get some generics and hope I can play again, those events sell so fast.

I'll definitely see what I can do about going to breakfast. You should see what you can mangle together and put out a news announcement if you get anything cemented across the games being shown at the con.

So that happened... :)

It was a great show, and great to chat with lots of folks from the forums there. I hope everyone had a really fun time, and hope to see you next year!

-Tim

Tim, can we use the old beta email address to ask you guys further questions or is there another address we should use?

Ideally just use the rules questions email address link from here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

Those will get routed over to me; at some point the old beta email address will go away, so best to stop using it now.

-Tim