Your houserules/adaptations of DH1e

By Librarian Astelan, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hello fellow GM's,

I recently had some experience with the DH2 system and I must say that I'm not overly impressed by the changes they made. This means I'll be using the DH1 system for a game that will start in august. However, I am aware of the fact that many things in DH1 might need fixing (full auto fire +20 for example).

So, before I dive headfirst in my next campaign, I'd be interested in hearing about the houserules you tried and kept in play after testing.

I'm well aware that these houserules are to be found on these forums... in a gazillion threads. And since I'm blatantly too lazy to make a summary myself, I'm asking you to pen them down once more ;) , but perhaps we''ll all benefice from the clear perspective.

So I'm, not asking for a discussion on the house rules themselves. I'd just like an overview of the different houserules that can be used. If you all like to discuss the benefit or stupidity of a house rule, I'm sure we can find another (existing) thread to do so.

Cheers

okay, gonna list a few outlines, but please note, most of these rules are not tested yet, but I plan on using them in a campaign starting September.

- Semi-Auto is half-Action, each DoS is a hit, modifier +10

- Full-Auto is full Action, every second DoS gives another hit, modifier +20, includes pinning-effect automatically

Modifications of critical hits where you have a few rounds of "buffer" before dying after a critical hit, depending on your TB, WpB and the amount of damage you took.

A Ruleset including rules for melee-weapons of different length in order to further diversify hitty-sticks and buff some of those things which are almost never used

A few weapon-stats reworked

A few Talents added from later lines (see Darth Smed's Houseruleset, I really like it :D )

Converting Psychic advances of the Adept into Sorcery-Advances

That's about it, I guess.

My small changes:

-Semi-Auto is half-Action, otherwise unchanged

-Plasma and Melta +1d10 damage

-instead of Inquiry members of Adpeta can roll Knowledge Administratum to request official equipment. They don't have to pay for it but return it (otherwise then they'll pay/get their pay withheld)

-Added weapons and their rules from RT and OW into the collection

That's about all i can remember so far, should i find more i'll edit this post.

Edited by segara82

You can find all our house rules in my sig

Created my own version of Ascension, still needs a lot of balance.

Included the changes in the rules from black crusade (rate of fire, parry as a skill, unnatural characteristics, etc.)

Dodge and parry are opposed test; but a success on the dodge/parry test gives a soak of -1 per success (so succeeding, even if not much, a strik still help the defender)

Converted all the psychic powers in a "black crusade style" but still keeping the old psychic powers. Same for sorcery, but adapted it a bit to be used in conjunction with the lores...

I think this is it.

Mostly keeping things the same. I'm picking and choosing my way through the errata (for example, keeping the Psychic Power: "Unnatural Aim" as it's written in the rulebook, because, quite frankly, I fear more the ability of a Psyker to get a +30 bonus in addition to point blank range, than his ability to get point blank bonus when shooting at extended range).

Other than that, taking the OW systems for shooting, so that Full auto weapons don't get ridiculous. Makes Shotguns pretty powerful, but they're still kept in check by their relative short range.

Right so...

A unified "soak pool". Add Toughness and armor together. That is your soak pool. Weapons ignore a value equal to their penetration. That means that a plasma gun is more dangerous to an unarmored person thatn to a armored one. It also makes the game a little more lethal.

Full Auto is a Full action that inflicts Pinning. However SP and Bolt weapons not properly braced suffer a -20 to hit. A braced weapon needs a full action to change facing.

The Warp Weapon SR ignores the entirety of your pool. Yes that is deadly. Holy, Sanctified and Force armour retain their Bonus. Pure Faith Wielders retain atheir Toughness Bonus.

The Deamon Trait meand that weapon penetration Is set to 0 against them. Holy and Sanctified weapons inflict penetration normally.

In our sit down DH game, we have been using the updated OW, BC, DH2b attack options:

- Single is +10 hit

- Semi is +0 to hit

- Full Auto is -10 to hit.

- These three attack actions are half actions.

This has been working out really well and we all seem to like it a lot.

Edited for sense.

Edited by pearldrum1

In our sit down DH game, we have been using the updated OW, BC, DH2b attack options:

- Single is +10 hit

- Semi is +0 to hit

- Full Auto is -10 to hit.

- All attack actions are half actions.

This has been working out really well and we all seem to like it a lot.

In both BC and OW, all Attack Actions aren't Half-Actions. All-Out Attack, Called Shot, Stun and Suppressive Fire are all Attack Actions that are Full-Actions.

Unless you meant to tell us what your house rules were aside from using BC/OW/DH2. It just read like you were saying that you were "using the BC/OW/DH2 ruleset, which are...".

Edited by Fgdsfg

Sorry, I meant that those three attacks are half actions. Definitely not ALL attacks. Poor wording on my part.

Thx all!

If you use vehicles, I strongly recommend for Melta:

+1d10 damage and halves enemy AP (before subtracting Pen) up to Short Range.

The reason is that non-vehicles armour is going to be punched through anyway if you double Pen also but the impact of that special rule is not enough to bring down heavy vehicles. Otoh, halving AP instead makes no difference even when it comes to Terminator Armour as in both cases the Melta damage will get through unaffected. But against AP 40 tank fronts, the difference is big (and justified)!

Also, with bonuses for aiming, unaware targets, etc. I add extra damage dice per 3 DoS (not 2) for Accurate Basic weapons.

(Even 4 would be justifiable.)

Alex