The sixth scenario? Completed!

By Real Paris, in Arkham Horror League

6th scenario completed in 6 attempts! The only way that you have to pass in my opinion is killing Shudde M'ell before Arkham collapsing completely. Last night, fortunately, alcohol and a lot of stupidity have brought us to victory. partido_risa.gif 24 points, slightly below our average (27), but we are still happy. Now we wait the upgrade of the league and the 7th! hehehe ... aplauso.gif

Congrats! We got it on 2nd try... See signature for my results... you have trouble with the monster getting out of control? One point all five locations in DW hand Gates. Won by sealing or was it closing the last gate. He woke up our first game when he had zero ruble tokens on it.

Last night we played -- and beat the game soundly! Now, we did get rather lucky, but sometimes that's how you win these games.

We decided to do an "all female team," using the 8 female characters that were available for the scenario. There was much discussion about just parking Kate at the Witch House all game, but I was against that. I felt that it was a waste of one of our investigators, and we'd deal with the Witch house when it came up. As it happened, the only time a gate opening occured at the Witch House was off a Location Encounter Card -- and that was the only turn Kate was actually there! That's right -- not a single Mythos card with the Witch House, or the Science Building, the entire game!

We started out with a gate at Wizard's Hill, and nobody made it through the gate until turn three. That was also the only gate that we got a monster surge at, and after it was closed and sealed it tried to open twice more (including on the last turn of the game, when we closed our ninth and last open gate). The initial Mythos card was also the one that allowed us to trade items between investigators during Upkeep without having to be in the same location. Talk about handy! Rita gave Gloria both of her Tomes, and weapons jumped back and forth between the investigators to set us up for the fights to come.

I got a kick out of Gloria Goldberg drawing Ammi Pierce as an Ally, and then later getting both the Molotov Cocktail and the Flamethrower. No one was going to mess with the old dames of Arkham! They were kicking monster tail left and right! Gloria also had the Voice of Ra spell, and that came in handy several times during the game.

As I said, we also only had one Monster Surge, and fortunately it took out the River Docks -- a location we hardly ever use. All in all, a good game. Now we can concentrate on trying to finally beat Scenarios 1 and 5.

Real Paris said:

6th scenario completed in 6 attempts! The only way that you have to pass in my opinion is killing Shudde M'ell before Arkham collapsing completely. Last night, fortunately, alcohol and a lot of stupidity have brought us to victory. partido_risa.gif 24 points, slightly below our average (27), but we are still happy. Now we wait the upgrade of the league and the 7th! hehehe ... aplauso.gif

::Shrug:: depends on the size of your team. If you're playing two players I'd say go for the kill. Three, go for the kill unless you're feeling sportsmanlike. Anything higher should be able to win with seals.

(sent to JR):

This scenario went... better. Almost immediately we were hit by The Great Ritual, which was easily passed for once because we had two good spell casters (in previous chapters that rumor was the death of us). This drowned us in clues and we were able to go about sealing with little hindrance. Soon after we got All Quiet In Arkham: three of the four characters were blessed. And though Calvin's -2 maximums did cause one insane and one unconscious that otherwise would not have happened, the +2 to skill checks helped a lot. We only had one Cultist-thonian and one regular Chthonian out, and they rarely moved. There was even a time that we were one gate away from the AO awakening, and I almost considered allowing it to happen because Shudde had used no rubble tokens and three characters were blessed, with great weapons. Very tempting.

That said, we pressed on and won by seals—with no rubble tokens left to spare. At least we only have to do this level once!

We beat this one easily on our first attempt but it was mostly by luck. We had only two monster surges in the entire game and no gate bursts while managing to close six gates in about 90 minutes. We all thought that this was the easiest win we've had so far but no one wanted to play it again because we all knew from experience that we got lucky with the cards.

Pulled throught by the sin of our teeth.

We played twice today, giving up in the middle of first play when we saw that we didn't have a chance to win.

The second time around we almost did give up in middle.

We had four monster surges in Gardners Place. One in Witchhouse (we sealed the Gate before another one could take palce). WE had a lot of bad rolls, and actually switched dice in the middle of the game, to counter our bad luck.

Rita ended up with two madness and one Injury card, and kill 12 moster, thesame amount that all the other Inveestigtor killed together. Marie and Kate actully didn't mange to draw any combat spell (but Maries Crimson Sing halep rita on two occasions).

We ended wit a whooping 30 points, the most we got from a scenario so far, largly thanks to the lage amount of monter thropies. It was one hell of a game. The odds were against us be we pulled through.

gran_risa.gif