refreshing allies question

By bluehawks207, in Runebound

Whathappens when you refresh allies? Do they they just lose all stamnia?

"Refreshing" is what you do to cards that have been exhausted (aka "tapped." - don't sue me WotC =P)

If an Ally has been exhausted, perhaps as a result of an ability they have, then they are "refreshed" at the start of your turn like everything else that gets refreshed.

This doesn't change anything else about the state of the card, it just means they're free to become exhausted again later. Stamina remains unchanged.

Edited by Steve-O

I think the term "exhausted", regarding cards, comes from the Lord of the Rings LCG. In Runebound 2nd ed, some cards are "activated" and need to be refreshed on the following turn before they can be used again. That having been said, to my knowledge, only some item cards (and not allies) are ever activated and therefore need to be refreshed (see "Card Activation" on p. 9 of the Runebound 2nd ed rule book, and p. 5 for the different type of item cards). Allies can attack during one of your combat phases each combat round, but they do not need to be refreshed each turn the way activate-to-use items need to be refreshed.

BlueHawks, are you referring to rules other than those found in the Runebound 2nd ed Core rule book? I have never played Rune Age, but I'm wondering… are ally cards refreshed in that game???

Or are you actually asking about how to heal allies in Runebound (is that what you mean by "refresh"?)?Can you maybe give more information or examples?

Edited by TwiceBornh

In mists of Zanga there is a card that says refresh all allies as part of the reward. I'll just ignore it unless I have a allie that applies thanks

Interesting. I have Mists of Zanaga, but haven't played it yet (it's still shrink-wrapped!), so not sure if there are special rules situations that involve needing to refresh allies (whether in that expansion, or in one of the smaller deck expansions).

I'm working my way very slowly through the sets and decks I have (nearly all of them now!), so as to be able to savour them fully and to be able to enjoy something "new" in my Runebound games for a long time to come.

That having been said, I'll also keep an eye out for situations that might require the refreshing of allies, and will post here if I find something.

You might be right though… if there are no special rules regarding exhausting/refreshing allies, then perhaps the intent of the card is to fully heal allies?