Dallas/Ft Worth area Events

By Nubian_God, in UFS Fan Announcements

UPDATE: APRIL 27TH (TOURNAMENTS ADDED FOR MAY)

This is a thread that I'm putting up for locals of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area who don't usually check the OP site for tournament postings. I'll list any other meet-ups that go on as well.

If you're around the area and are interested in attending, or have an idea of what theme we should play for fun, feel free to post (or PM me). I'll try to keep the info up to date along with the OP posts, but always double-check the OP site just in case .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Throwdown!!!

Two day Singles and Teams tournament going down in late May. Click on the above link for up-to-date info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Event!!!

Format: Sealed Legacy

Details: On the initial tournament, each player will pick up 6 booster packs of their choice (available in store or other places; no more than two packs from the same set may be used per tournament) and construct a 40 card minimum deck (no resource chaining, no character only card restrictions, but character/resource only abilities and resource restrictions are still enforced).

First place will get an extra choice from the prize pool (not to be included in their sealed deck) while last place player will get a random booster to add to their sealed card stock.

Any cards pulled from packs must stay at the store (they will be seperated accordingly and stored in the store's safe). However, if you want to bring a select few cards home, you may, but they cannot be used throughout the rest of the tournament!

Every entry for this format tournament afterwards will be 2 packs (newcomers will have to buy the initial 6). Additionally, players will have 15 minutes at the beginning of the tournament to trade any cards pulled for the event with other players participating.

On the third tournament, the minimum deck size will increase to 60 cards and resource chaining will be enforced.

----------------------------------------

W hen: Sunday, May 3rd with registration starting at 12:00

Where: Lone Star Comics
3100 Independence Parkway #318
Plano, TX 75075
(972) 985-1593

Format: Standard (Texas Throwdown Prep)

Entry-fee: $3

Details: Standard format tournament, but I'll try to get some decks thrown together of recent tournament champs (or similar in mechanics) to better season everyone with the current meta.

Banned list as of 05-03-09 is in effect.

When: Sunday, May 10th with registration starting at 12:00

Plano, TX 75075
(972) 985-1593

Details: Standard format tournament, but I'll try to get some decks thrown together of recent tournament champs (or similar in mechanics) to better season everyone with the current meta.

Banned list as of 05-10-09 is in effect.

When: Sunday, May 17th with registration starting at 12:00

Plano, TX 75075
(972) 985-1593

Banned list as of 05-17-09 is in effect.

When: Friday - Saturday, May 22nd - 23rd with registration starting at 12:00

Plano, TX 75075
(972) 985-1593

Format: Texas Throwdown Regional

Details: http://tinyurl.com/UFS-Texas-Throwdown

When: Sunday, May 24th with registration starting at 12:00

Plano, TX 75075
(972) 985-1593

Format: Standard (Texas Throwdown After-Party)

Details: Because it's normal.

Banned list as of 05-24-09 is in effect.

When: Sunday, May 31st with registration starting at 12:00

Plano, TX 75075
(972) 985-1593

Format: Standard (Street Fighter)

Details: Standard format tournament, but you may only use Street Fighter characters.

Banned list as of 05-31-09 is in effect.

Aren't you going to mention the extra-special Austin'ites-are-coming-up-to-visit-us-so-we-are-having-an-extra-Friday-tournament tournament?

--st

Good call! I wish that we could edit previous posts, as I'd like to keep all of the new info up top, but d'oh well. C'est la vie and crap. =S

When: Friday, December 12h with registration starting at 12:30

1215 S. Cooper, Arlington, Tx
(817) 265-0491

Format: Standard

Details: Standard format tournament as we play host to the Austin crew (and anyone else wanting to venture into our area).

For those of you who can't make it out to Arlington (or don't want to make the drive), I'll be at the Plano location at 11:45 before to help carpool people, while planning on leaving for Arlington by Noon at the latest. If you're interested in a ride, or would like to help with carpooling, hit me up ASAP (or on my phone [E-Mail me for the #]. LEAVE A MESSAGE if I don't answer, as sometimes I don't hear my phone ring). For those who aren't driving, it would be appreciated if you would give your driver $2 to help out with gas.

Banned list as of 12-12-08 is in effect.

---------------------------------------

Just a note in case any of you guys missed the email - this has been updated. League play is coming back! ^_^

Just so we don't lose it to the old forums:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by GraveLord

Double Dragon Rules:

1. Each player has and control their own zones (deck, stage, momentum, etc) and vitality.

2. The team whose players are both knocked and/or decked out loses.

3. No tag-in required. Any player may attack any of the opposing players. A player can block for their teammate. Either team member can play a Reversal after their team blocks an attack. An attack target must be declared each time an attack is played and Reversals must target the player who's attack was blocked.

4. Card effect that affects all cards in play will affect team member as well.

5. Cards and abilities must pass in order from and to all players. Example: Team1Player1 plays an attack, t1p1 gets 1st enhance, then t2p1 gets an enhance, then t1p2 gets an enhance, and then t2p2 gets an enhance and then the enhance proceeds back to the attacking player (t1p1). Same goes for responses... yeah, responses will be crazy complicated.

6. The controlling player must choose a target opponent for abilities that states "opponent" in it's effect. Example: If a player plays Infiltrating, then he must choose which opponent's SA he is targeting, but keep in mind that the target opponent's teammate may intervene to disrupt or negate the ability.

7. Players may only play or activate abilities on cards they control.

8. Turns alternate between teams and the 1st two players start off committed and their Ready Phase skipped.. so the 1st player from each team start off committed and etc.

9. If a player is knocked out and his teammate is able to hold it off for 4 of his own turns, then his teammate may "recover" at 1/4 of his max vitality (rounded down) during the end of the 4th turn. The recovering player draws his handsize and commits his entire staging area.. doesn't ready until his turn.

Deck Constraints:

1. Each individuals deck must comply to the standard deckbuilding rules of UFS.

2. Teammates may not share copies of any cards in their deck or sideboard. Ex: If t1p1 is using any number of copies of Infiltrating, then t1p2 cannot have it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by MattyMorgs

The Sandbag Challenge Rules:

Do you remember the event in Smash Bros. where you have a certain time limit to deal as much damage as possible to a hapless inanimate object? Now you can vent your rage on a sweet and innocent sandbag for bragging rights on who can dish out the most hurt in four turns (essentially one to set up and three to layeth the smack down).

Rules on chaining cards still apply, just know that your opponent won't be fighting back. It will, however, have a built-in ability similar to Pull of the Tides to limit infinite loop-de-loops. The best advice I can give you will be to build your deck for complete and utter offense.

I will track not just the character and who pilots him/her but also which resource(s) was used and which format the deck is styled around: Block 2 or Legacy. It will be a hard cutoff for Legacy meaning that, for example, a character from Street Fighter 3 who won't rotate out of the B2 tournament scene for a while yet will only count as Legacy in the Sandbag Challenge.

This gives the UFS community 24 slots to fill (12 symbols, 2 formats) with leaders in each resource category a champion of each format to be crowned and appropriately awarded/lauded!

Questions/comments? Leave 'em here or otherwise contact me!

This should give you a good general idea of what you'll be swinging at regarding the challenge. It may be tweaked a bit as we get closer. I'll let you know in future bumpdates!

- - - - - - - - - -

Sandbag

Character, Infinity

6D/6C +0M

0 Hand, X VIT

Sandbag's vitality is always equal to the damage dealt to it +1. Sandbag may not be committed for any reason.

Sandbag is not tournament legal.

R: After your opponent plays the same card or ability for the third time this turn, negate its effect and their Combat Phase ends. This ability cannot be negated or cancelled by anything. Ever. So there. =P

It's a bit of a drive, but hopefully my playgroup can make it some of these tournaments, since our areas have been down on UFS lately.

That'd be awesome! Just check here regularly, as I'm pretty good at keeping any changes up-to-date and we follow the schedule like clock work. Hit me up on my e-mail ( [email protected] ) and maybe we could arrange for us to swing down to your area. We're always down for meeting new playgroups!

Nubian_God said:

That'd be awesome! Just check here regularly, as I'm pretty good at keeping any changes up-to-date and we follow the schedule like clock work. Hit me up on my e-mail ( [email protected] ) and maybe we could arrange for us to swing down to your area. We're always down for meeting new playgroups!

I sent you an email. Also, you should check out my "Do you live in Texas?" topic, since a few of your players have been talking with me lately about meeting up.

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention that my topic was in general discussion, instead of fan announcements.