Fiend Slayer + Prophesy

By rimmer3, in Talisman Rules Questions

I have a Fiend Slayer. (Follower. If you encounter a space with instructions to draw one or more Adventure Cards, you must draw one more card than required.)

And there is a Prophesy going on for 2 rounds. (Whenever any character encounters a space with instructions to draw 1 or more Adventure Cards, he must draw 1 more card than required.)

Then I step on "Draw 1 Card" space. Do I draw 2 or 3 cards?

Rimmer said:

I have a Fiend Slayer. (Follower. If you encounter a space with instructions to draw one or more Adventure Cards, you must draw one more card than required.)

And there is a Prophesy going on for 2 rounds. (Whenever any character encounters a space with instructions to draw 1 or more Adventure Cards, he must draw 1 more card than required.)

Then I step on "Draw 1 Card" space. Do I draw 2 or 3 cards?

Yep, they're working separately - You draw 3 cards,.

Thank you.

I will :)

Little browsing saves from duplicate threads. Come on, there's only 6 pages in the rules section so far.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=129&efcid=1&efidt=96877

Summary: they don't stack, draw only 2 in a normal draw 1 space. FS and Prophesy are duplicates of each other, same way as Wizard + Wand and Prophetess + Orb of Knowledge, Warhorse/Psionic Blast/Monk, etc.

Dam said:

Little browsing saves from duplicate threads. Come on, there's only 6 pages in the rules section so far.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=129&efcid=1&efidt=96877

Summary: they don't stack, draw only 2 in a normal draw 1 space. FS and Prophesy are duplicates of each other, same way as Wizard + Wand and Prophetess + Orb of Knowledge, Warhorse/Psionic Blast/Monk, etc.

But in Rules (from what I remember) that affect only characters and their duplicate abilities. Should not affect two different cards, that aren't related to Character's abilities.

I did a search for "stack" and "dupli" words in the Talisman rulebook, no hits with either. Manually found this:

"Special Ability vs. Rules
In any instance where a special ability or effect is at a variance
with the basic rules, the special ability or effect always
overrides the rules." (p. 15)

Nothing about it being limited to characters only. Or indeed anything about not being allowed to duplicate things.

Oh. My apologies.

I will try harder next time.

Rimmer said:

Oh. My apologies.

I will try harder next time.

It's no biggie, though I do get grumpy when people (read: n00bs) keep asking the same question(s) over and over again. This is especially rampant in the Arkham Horror section. I'll have to say that the search function on these boards is a joke, it really needs a search-limiter (search in particular section, instead of all the forums).