what army will you play

By Smeehee, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I was wondering what faction (and ally) people think they will play first, why and what are their hopes for the faction.

personally I will start with Tau/Eldar as I love everything Tau and like the Eldar more than SM

I hope commander Farsight is either the core set warlord or will soon be released with the Eight as his signature squad

Dark Eldar.

To me, part of the appeal of an LCG is that you do not have to pick "your army". You have all the cards, you can play all of them.

If I play in the Gencon tournament, I still don't know what faction(s) to go with though.

IG or da Orks (but not together), maybe Eldar as well.

Everything :)

I love the Tau...So I will most likely put together a Tau themed deck as the one I play with the most.

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

But, like Boeren said, we'll have them all and I mean to try them all. Eldar and Tau also look interesting. I have no intention of playing beakies.

Space marines. For the Emperor!

I will play Dark Eldar, and probably my wife should take Eldar, so i will join forces with Chaos.

I probably try other factions, but much of the fun of playing this kind of games is the extra feeling you get when defending your chosen colors, so i will stick to Dark Eldar for sure (and maybe a secondary choice).

I know i get all the cards and can play with everything at my reach, but moving without loyalty and playing just the best is kinda soul-less for me. Thats what i do in my work, go for the best not what i like, so in my spare time i just play what i want, not necessarily the best. So, i usually lose, but enjoy the extra difficult of getting the best of my faction. And when i win with my chosen deck... oh, man, thats so great it compensates all the past and future loses :)

I Stay on wild side and I will Play Chaos !

I hope to have more info from FFG in a short time.

I'll go with guard (steel balls and flashlights gogogogogogo) with ally Marines...Or maybe Orks for the kick of it

limiting yourself to a single faction is crazy talk. I'll look at the cards and build deck.. what ever faction has the best combos and synergies will be the one I play, untill a new pack comes out that makes anoterht faction viable. There is no loyalty.. best deck wins.. end of story.

That being said if I could get a necron.. oh wait.... guess Chaos is my prefered.

Edited by booored

Tyranids!....oh wait....FFG saw fit to not include them.

Chaos, probably with some guard allies ( you know, since 7th made that combo next to impossible to play) :angry:

Most likely play the Ultramarines as my main competitive deck then other deck would be the Imperial Guard.

"To me Battle Brothers!

Eldar here. Is anyone else mainly playing the army they've always wanted to build in 40k if it weren't for well y'know the rules of 40k making the game one long drawn out stuggle of attrition and rules arbitration? My ally will probably be the Tau since it sure won't be dark eldar..... I'll play every army so that I can learn them but my focus will be Eldar and Space marines.

Tau will be my pick. My favourite 40k faction so it makes sense to pick 'em.

Imperial Guard would be my secondary choice.

This'll be my first LCG so I'd figure I'd stick with what I use in 40k battles.

I'll probably play IG and Space Marines and give Tau a whirl. I like the other factions (in the tabletop game) but I'm never any good with them. I usually end up winning on the tabletop with IG by just following the Tatica Imperium mantra of "Pick a target and shoot at it until it is gone. Move on to the next target." LOL!