wtf fantasy flight?

By khadorstrong, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Why limit the tourney to 64? I was looking to play and now don't have a chance as I was an hr late to event reg!

Our group of 5 got lucky cause we put it as first priority. It was gone in a flash as I had two other friends that put it as a fourth priority and they were locked out......maybe more seats will open? The challenge now is to line up early and hit the FFG booth first thing Thursday. People buy 3 to 5 boxes of new games. No game boxes means no tourney......8(

Limited space at GenCon. Don't blame FFG. Blame GenCon LLC. They set the limits.

FFG will hopefully reserve boxes for tourney attendees same as Netrunner in 2012.

They did that with Netrunner?

That is great news. Hopefully they will do that with this tourney. Thst would take a lot of day one stress away.

They had to after the 9 minute sell out opening day. They rushed over extra boxes. I would still be there and grab what you can in the morning.

Sorry, but the most in-demand Gencon events do fill up fast. An hour late isn't going to cut it. I pressed submit as soon as the button turned on and I was still behind more than 3,000 other gamers. I did get my ticket for Conquest, but I was shut out of a number of other events with a smaller number of seats.

Hopefully FFG will be able to add seats, they've been good about this in the past but you also have to understand that space is not an unlimited resource, nor is time to be able to play more rounds. Best thing to do is keep checking the Gencon page and keep checking the forums for any announcements.

The other good news is that there will likely be people playing pick-up games so you can still get in some games even if you're not in the tournament.

I imagine the tournament players in particular will be looking for pick up games

IN-DEMAND Gen Con events?
When I hear Warhammer the card game, and it's got 64 players, It's not exactly somethign I would figure is 'in demand'.

I'll do some Pick Ups, AZ DA' ORKS IS READY FA STOMPIN!

The launch event of a new FFG lcg is definitely considered a in demand event. The number of seats being limited only drives up the demand. My wife and I submitted and got in queue t number 278 bd were able to snag our seats here and at the AEG game night. After we purchased I looked up the events and both wee sold out. Hot items go almost instantly.