Vampire Counts Incoming

By MechaBri.Zilla, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Those round cardboard disks look amazing.

Fear looks pretty awesome. Also, I'm loving Proven Champion. That will certainly find it's way onto Azhag...

Can'T wait to try my Dwarves against those crackling smelly slow undeads!!!!!!!!

Power to the beard!

The real competition is to see what smells worse. The hordes of undead, or the dwarves unwashed beards.

;)

I'd say don't light any fire near both...

This is gonna be fun!!!

Given what we know about reanimate, which admittedly isn't that much, just going on what the listed tactics are, and how it is suggested they are used, my guess would be Reanimate tokens also activate the unit since they die at the end of the round. Kemmler lists will likely see a lot of skeletons in both regiments where he is a hero. It does look like the Vampire Counts might have a higher learning curve than the Dwarves to really use effectively, though the tomb guard look nasty, getting swift attack and counter attack and having their values boosted by 1 when engaged or engaging.

Edit: I also expect there is a skeleton archer unit that wasn't revealed, since at the moment Kemmler's ability has limited use if there is just one skeleton unit in game.

Edited by Westonard

I think Heinrich Kemmler just became my new favorite disk!

Given what we know about reanimate, which admittedly isn't that much, just going on what the listed tactics are, and how it is suggested they are used, my guess would be Reanimate tokens also activate the unit since they die at the end of the round. Kemmler lists will likely see a lot of skeletons in both regiments where he is a hero. It does look like the Vampire Counts might have a higher learning curve than the Dwarves to really use effectively, though the tomb guard look nasty, getting swift attack and counter attack and having their values boosted by 1 when engaged or engaging.

Edit: I also expect there is a skeleton archer unit that wasn't revealed, since at the moment Kemmler's ability has limited use if there is just one skeleton unit in game.

I'm not seeing swift on the Grave Guard. Still, I think they are pretty awesome.

grave-guard.png

You're right, misread it as swift not just going up to 5/5. That said, assuming my eyes are able to make out some of the other disks, the Daemonettes look like they gain Swift on the attack, maybe swift 2, though that just might be swift. Can't make out the entirety of the Ratling Gunners, but medium disk with Mobile, 3 ranged attack at medium range with something that affects scatter. It looks like adding 2 damage to each disk hit by a scatter. Granted, with only 3 movement, they need the mobile. Either way, looks like I will be getting two of each box set.

You're right, misread it as swift not just going up to 5/5. That said, assuming my eyes are able to make out some of the other disks, the Daemonettes look like they gain Swift on the attack, maybe swift 2, though that just might be swift. Can't make out the entirety of the Ratling Gunners, but medium disk with Mobile, 3 ranged attack at medium range with something that affects scatter. It looks like adding 2 damage to each disk hit by a scatter. Granted, with only 3 movement, they need the mobile. Either way, looks like I will be getting two of each box set.

+1 on the 2 of each. Each time they release more info, I get a little more excited about this game.

Man, this is even more exciting than the Hammer & Hold expansion!

Initially I wasn't too excited about Vampire Counts but this looks fantastic!

I can't wait! And yes, two of each box is a no-brainer I think.

I just got my core set a few days ago, but man these previews look good. Hopefully I can convince some buddies to start playing as well so I can justify getting more and more of this game!

Thematically I wasn't too excited for Vamp Counts, but they do seem to have some very cool swarmy mechanics. And it's neat that you get units for so many factions in this box, interested to see how the Dark Elves play!

Reanimating works some what similar to how I imagined it for Tomb Kings. It was on a TK command card though here's how I pictured it working

Here's the link to the full write up if any one cares enough to look at a random person's thoughts on the internet

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/96715-tomb-kings/

Raise Dead

Slow

Either raise the toughness of target undead disk by 2 until the end of turn (the effects of this spell last until damage tokens have been removed) or bring a skeleton warriors disk into play with in long of a caster. This disk is removed from play during the end phase.

I'm really liking how magic seems to be the core feature of the Vampire Counts. I would have thought the High Elves would have gotten a bit of that too, but all of the sudden, I can begin to see where entire armies could be built around casters with magical threats in each round.

Now I hope that once they flesh out the factions that we get an expansion focused entirely on Magic.

After they add Tomb Kings, of course.

Edited by MechaBri.Zilla

When facing Kemmler and a skeleton force: "Didn't I kill you already?"

Looking forward to the expansions. Especially since they are throwing in new terrain pieces as well.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

You can bring back as many little crackling walking bones as you like, my Dwarves will laugh and kick their tibia and smash their cranes to dust with me hammers and i'll send my slayers slice your bloodsucking abominations!!!!!!

ae9u1y.jpg

You can bring back as many little crackling walking bones as you like, my Dwarves will laugh and kick their tibia and smash their cranes to dust with me hammers and i'll send my slayers slice your bloodsucking abominations!!!!!!

You'll have trouble slaying anything while your dwarves are messing their pants in fear and falling in love with undead beauties. ;)

preview%20(832).jpg

Did I mention that I can't wait to get these factions to the table? I hope they keep up this pace on growing this game. It's just too freaking cool.