Elixir of Life( treasure card)

By Velhart, in Talisman Rules Questions

I have a question about it.

The card says:

You may drink from the Elixer of Life whenever you lose a life To do so , roll 1 die.

1 the Elixir goes to the discard pile. 2: lose 1 life. 3: nothing happens 4-5: heal 1 life. 6 : heal 2 life

The question is:

Can you use the Elixir on your last life?

If not, then it means that if you roll a 2, you lose a extra life...

Velhart said:

The card says:

You may drink from the Elixer of Life whenever you lose a life To do so , roll 1 die.

1 the Elixir goes to the discard pile. 2: lose 1 life. 3: nothing happens 4-5: heal 1 life. 6 : heal 2 life

The question is:

Looks like an interesting Treasure. I believe you can use it with your last life and in addition to Armour Objects if it is battle. If you roll 4-5 you're saved; if you roll 6 you can heal 1 more life than needed. On a 1-2-3 you're dead!

For me not. Nothing but Preservation can save a Character, when he lose last life. Same of for that vial IMO.

So you cannot use it on your last life?

I begin to think that you can only drink the potion if you are still alive after you lose a life..

It would be a bit weird if you lose your last live and after that you are drinking a potion. ( then you are already dead...

Velhart said:

I begin to think that you can only drink the potion if you are still alive after you lose a life..

It would be a bit weird if you lose your last live and after that you are drinking a potion. ( then you are already dead...

Exactly, you must be alive to use Elixir. When You lost Your last life, You're dead.

Yes i agree gran_risa.gif

And you go to heaven angel.gif

depend really from what mean exactly "whenever you lose a life" in english(i dont know), if it mean "when you lose a life" then after you lose it you use the elixir IMO if it was the last you are dead..... angel.gif

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Exactly, you must be alive to use Elixir. When You lost Your last life, You're dead.

Mmmh, perhaps you're right. I've changed my mind about this. It makes more sense if you use this with a minimum of 1 life left, before you lose it. This means that on a result of 2 you will be dead. Ah, wait, I have a Fate point to spend.

Such an idiot am I? We can use Elixier many times, until we will die. Now I noticed that *stupid Nemo*

That's an interesting problem. I am not sure about it at all.

Are you able to use Healing or St. Josephine when you've just lost your last life, or do you have to have at least one life left?

Rimmer said:

Are you able to use Healing or St. Josephine when you've just lost your last life, or do you have to have at least one life left?

Nope, You cannot. You must have at least one life left to use them. But I start thinking, that Elixier can be used, when we're currently losing last life. It's like an additional Armour. Card says, when we're losing a life, and losing last life is also considered as a losing a life.

Nemomon said:

Rimmer said:

Nope, You cannot. You must have at least one life left to use them. But I start thinking, that Elixier can be used, when we're currently losing last life. It's like an additional Armour. Card says, when we're losing a life, and losing last life is also considered as a losing a life.

That's why i have made this topic gui%C3%B1o.gif

Can it be use on your last life or not. Normaly it is not possible because it is too late.

But elixer says something special..

I wonder about another thing.

We're gonna to loss a life, then we're rollind the die to Elixier and the result is 2. Do we lost 2 lifes then or just that one we should (due to possibility this card)? From the card we should loss two lifes... llorando.gif

Nemomon said:

I wonder about another thing.

We're gonna to loss a life, then we're rollind the die to Elixier and the result is 2. Do we lost 2 lifes then or just that one we should (due to possibility this card)? From the card we should loss two lifes... llorando.gif

one life as normal, and if you roll a 2, you lose 2 extra lives

so in total you lost 3 lives then.

Velhart said:

The card says:

The question is:

card say "when you lose a life" or "when you losing a life" ? if it say "losing" it mean you can use on last life like preservation, if it say "lose" it mean after you lose it IMO, so you cant use it if you was on last life just because you are dead.....

example:

1. you have 2 lifes left, you have a fight and lose

2. you lose 1 life (then you have 1 life left)

3. you choise to use elixir and roll die

4.you roll 5 and get healed of 1 life so you are back to 2 lifes

OR

4. you roll 2 and lose 1 life OMG you are dead!!!!! (if only you had fate left llorando.gif )

NOTE: reading the card seem that if you lose 1 life because the elixir (AND you are not dead because it) you can use the elixir again...infact you lost a life

Andraax said:

NOTE: reading the card seem that if you lose 1 life because the elixir (AND you are not dead because it) you can use the elixir again...infact you lost a life

Hey, this is weird. If you keep rolling 2 might you go on indefinitely? sorpresa.gif

I understood that Elixir can be used many times and it's like an additional and more effective Armour. But that's not exactly the same concept of Armour. It doesn't prevent you from losing a Life (like Preservation Spell), it heals Lives like Healing Spell... This is why I've changed my mind and I won't allow to use it on your last Life.

I invoke the superior being talismanamsilat to issue final judgement. cool.gif

The_Warlock said:

Andraax said:

Hey, this is weird. If you keep rolling 2 might you go on indefinitely? sorpresa.gif

I understood that Elixir can be used many times and it's like an additional and more effective Armour. But that's not exactly the same concept of Armour. It doesn't prevent you from losing a Life (like Preservation Spell), it heals Lives like Healing Spell... This is why I've changed my mind and I won't allow to use it on your last Life.

I invoke the superior being talismanamsilat to issue final judgement. cool.gif

I agree.

You can't use it on your last life.

The_Warlock said:

Andraax said:

actually no, if the card is used after you lose a life ( I m waiting the answer for this lengua.gif the card say "when you lose" or "when you losing"?) you can use elixir when you roll 2 for it but you are limited from your lifes, but YES, if it work so you can kill yourself!!!

example:

you have 8 lifes (OMG!!!), you lose a fight and lose 1life(now you are 7), you use elixir and roll 2, down to 6!! but you just lost a life, you want use elixir again!! (you are never happy!!), again a 2!!.....repeat it everytime you lose a life but then you go down to 1life left, use it last time and a die result of 2 kill you!

the point is you can use elixir always when you lose a life but when you lost last life you just cant because....you are dead.....(you wish you can use it eh!?)

The_Warlock said well, it is a healing spell, no a preservation/armour, it is balanced just because it can kill you but very nice artifact.

Andraax said:

The_Warlock said:

Andraax said:

actually no, if the card is used after you lose a life ( I m waiting the answer for this lengua.gif the card say "when you lose" or "when you losing"?) you can use elixir when you roll 2 for it but you are limited from your lifes, but YES, if it work so you can kill yourself!!!

example:

you have 8 lifes (OMG!!!), you lose a fight and lose 1life(now you are 7), you use elixir and roll 2, down to 6!! but you just lost a life, you want use elixir again!! (you are never happy!!), again a 2!!.....repeat it everytime you lose a life but then you go down to 1life left, use it last time and a die result of 2 kill you!

the point is you can use elixir always when you lose a life but when you lost last life you just cant because....you are dead.....(you wish you can use it eh!?)

The_Warlock said well, it is a healing spell, no a preservation/armour, it is balanced just because it can kill you but very nice artifact.

Amen aplauso.gif

So what happens if you lose 3 lives at the Vampire's Tower? Can you roll 3 times or just once?

boxcornersdiety said:

So what happens if you lose 3 lives at the Vampire's Tower? Can you roll 3 times or just once?

Then you may roll three times

But it can also be very dangerous if you do that.

If you roll a 2, then you lose another life..