Orb of Prophesy(treasure card)

By Velhart, in Talisman Rules Questions

There is a Orb of Prophesy in the treasure deck.

It has the same text as the ability from the prophetess.

This means that if the Prophetess draws that card, it is useless for her..

So other characters has a advantage of drawing treasure cards...

Velhart said:

So in essence, there is a Treasure that does the same thing that a Orb of Knowledge (from base game) preocupado.gif ?

Velhart said:

I don't have the Dungeon yet, I've about a week more to wait. I can't check. But it's so strange... there's the Orb of Knowledge already!

Hmm, maybe their way of thinking was, that getting single card from the Adventure deck is more harder than getting it from the treasure deck. But actually, it's rather easy to get it, especially when sometimes discard pile must do as a new Adventure deck.

I saw this card earlier today, I don't have it with me at the moment though.

When I first read the card, I thought this replicated the old original 2E Prophetess' abiltiy where she could draw two and choose which one to keep. Not the more balanced version in 4E.

Is this treasure truely duplicating the original more powerful ability, if so, then this treasure does offer something that is not currently in the game.

Yep, exactly. In Orb of Knowledge we're discarding the card, then draw new one. In Orb of Prophesy, we're drawing the card, then we're discarding one.

I think i have made a mistake !

The prophetess says that if she draw a card, she can discard it and draw another one that she must encounter

-------

Orb of prophesy says:

Whenever you draw adventure cards, you may draw one more card than required. you must then discard one card that you don't want to encounter !

( this means that this is a better magic object, and i think that the prophetess may have this treasure !

Also, I believe the prophetess would be able to draw one extra card, discard one of them and draw a replacement, and then discard one more (for the orb). Perhaps resolve the full effects separately, though (draw one extra and discard one for the Orb, then discard another and draw a replacement for the Prophetess).

Though now I'm curious... if the prophetess gets the Orb of Knowledge (from the adventure deck), can she use that ability twice (discard a card and draw a replacement, then discard another card and draw another replacement)?

LinkN said:

Though now I'm curious... if the prophetess gets the Orb of Knowledge (from the adventure deck), can she use that ability twice (discard a card and draw a replacement, then discard another card and draw another replacement)?

This question has been asked a hundred times, but FAQ will finally inform everyone. Answer is no: every Object that duplicates a Character's Special Ability can't be used by that Character. Special Abilities don't stack. Same for the Wand: Prophetess is not going to have at least Two Spells.

On the contrary, I believe Prophetess can combine her Special Ability with The Orb of Prophecy. She always draws one more card than required, discards one, then, if she wishes, she can discard another one and draw another, which she must encounter. But to use the Orb of Prophesy only will be a more conservative action.

Because both have are a different text, i think that it is possible to combine those two lengua.gif