When Does Shooting Damage take affect

By simpatikool, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am confused on an aspect of this game. Looks at the stages of a round/turn, when does shooting damage take affect?

Meaning, if a unit, say Flamers shoots a disk and does enough damage to cause a wound, does the target disk take the wound and 'die', or does it hang around until the melee phase? I have looked and looked in the rules, and it seems to me, it would be the melee step.

Second, can a model with mobile move and pin one disk and shoot a different disk it is not engage with?

Thanks all.

P.S. I am DIGGING this game.

Rangd, magic and other (if there is) other sources of damage except melee takes effect as soon as they're used :)

Second question: yes!

Edited by SolennelBern

Whenever you have enough damage to exceed your toughness, you take a wound - which (in most cases) kills you immediately.

So, as said, ranged, magic and other damage can kill you before the combat phase. This means you can shoot a disc, kill it, and then activate the now-no-longer-pinned disc which was beneath it, for example, or that a disc with a very high impact damage (I'm looking at you, boarboyz) can kill a disc the moment they land on it, and hence either free another disc, or drop onto another enemy disc which was previously below that one, and fight that one in the subsequent combat round.

Thanks for the answer guys. In an effort to add more clarification to my ultimate mastery of this game, I want to ask another clarifying question. Impact Damage. If impact damage would result in a wound, would that wound occur before the melee phase as well? Would impact damage resulting in killing a disk allow the awarding model to keep on moving (If it did not have relentless) and impact the eff out of some other poor bastage disk and so on?

Thanks

Impact damage happens as soon as the disk with impact pins another disk, even if that is one of your disks.

Even if the disk with impact kills the disk ot hits, it must end it's movement as soon as it pins an enemy disk. Unless it is relentless, then it may keep moving until it pins a new enemy disk.

On a related note, this also means that relentless is doubly scary as it can theoretically pin the same disc (and hence impact the same disc) twice in a turn.

(Which is what makes Grom worth his points, despite his so-so statline for a hero)

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Very good! Thank you for the responses guys.