Worldeater Tournament!

By shoreless, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Looks like the speculation was correct! A tournament for Conquest has been listed on the GenCon events page: https://gencon.com/events/53828

Conquer the Imperium in this debut tournament for a new card game set in the grim future of the 41st Millenium. Prizes for participation and the champion will be awarded.

Oh, I'll be there!

Okay.......

Entire group of us just signed up for this event at GenCon (event did sell out). When are we gonna get the cards to build the decks needed? Is this product in stores prior to GenCon or do we buy at Gencon on Thursday, learn the game, build decks and play Saturday?

Very excited about this game!

Can anyone from FFG answer this question please?

Okay.......

Entire group of us just signed up for this event at GenCon (event did sell out). When are we gonna get the cards to build the decks needed? Is this product in stores prior to GenCon or do we buy at Gencon on Thursday, learn the game, build decks and play Saturday?

Very excited about this game!

Can anyone from FFG answer this question please?

Netrunner, X-Wing, and Warhammer:Invasion have all followed the "released at Gencon" pattern of buy/learn on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning, play on Saturday afternoon in the past. I don't know for sure, but my guess is to expect the same for 40K:Conquest.

Dude, how the fk did this sell our already? Open up some more **** spots!

The real question is will FFG have enough copies to prevent selling out before the people in the tournament have a chance to buy a core set (or 3). I seem to remember Netrunner having this issue.

They will probably set aside boxes for the tourney like they did when they rushed in boxes after Netrunner sold out in record time.

It would be nice if they would publicly announce whether they are reserving copies for tournament players. With Netrunner they did not, but I hope they have learned that lesson and are making improvements.

Rushing in extra Netrunner boxes was of little value because they did not communicate this to players (not that there was any way to do so).

I'm signed up for this event :)

They will probably set aside boxes for the tourney like they did when they rushed in boxes after Netrunner sold out in record time.

I asked organized play customer support and the current plan is NOT to set aside any boxes, but if you don't get product you can refund the ticket. It may change who knows.

That's too bad.

Several people have written in to FFG so I imagine that they're looking into this. Stay tuned for updates...

There is 25 tickets available. Looks like size was increased to 96 players. Also we have heard confirmation that one set will be reserved for each player.

Could we please get confirmation from someone from FFG on how the tournament will work in regards to product? Our whole group is signed up. Can we get a box in advance or do we have to rush the FFG booth Thursday morning and pray? Knowing in advance will assist us big time. Our group is signed up for Star Wars lcg Thursday morning and rushing the booth will take some planning.

Thank you for expanding the tourney but that may complicate product more.

Thank you in advance.

FFG has already confirmed that product of one copy per player is on hold.

Got a response and it is good:

Hello Stephen,

We have decided to reserve 64 copies of the core set for tournament players. You can expect an email to registered tournament players describing how to get your copy from the reserved group - you will need to present your event ticket. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.

Thank you,

Stuart Wilson

Organized Play Associate

[email protected]

This is great of FFG. Thank you. The event should be great.