LibrariaNPCs Freighter Creation Thread

By LibrariaNPC, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I think you have a good setup there, SynysterDreamer. Ships that only appear momentarily in a book are always a pain, but I think you did pretty well.

I'm really just popping in to this thread to say that I don't think I'll be adding more stats anytime soon. Three attempts with local gaming groups fell through (no one wants to learn a non-d20 game around here, even if it's Star Wars or Princess Bride-themed), and I really can't afford to keep buying books for a game I am not going to run anytime soon.

I'll still work with people who send me messages for ships and soundboarding requests, but I won't be lurking on the forums as much as I used to, sadly.

Sad to hear that, but I'll still be around to keep looking, and I'll help out as much as I can with coming up with stats.

Give me something to think about beside work, lol

Best of luck out there and hope to see you around on here from time to time.

I do plan on popping in from time to time, but not lurking as much as I used to. One part is the new job (more downtime but more projects), the other is, again, that whole "not running the game" thing.

I'm really just popping in to this thread to say that I don't think I'll be adding more stats anytime soon. Three attempts with local gaming groups fell through (no one wants to learn a non-d20 game around here, even if it's Star Wars or Princess Bride-themed), and I really can't afford to keep buying books for a game I am not going to run anytime soon.

I'll still work with people who send me messages for ships and soundboarding requests, but I won't be lurking on the forums as much as I used to, sadly.

Could we talk you into doing an online game?

I’m sure there are plenty of people who would be interested in playing in one of your games.

I'm not sure how many people would want me to run an online game. Also not entirely sure how it'll go; I've had quite a few frustrations with the system before my groups officially flopped, and I have a feeling the system was part of it (roped people into a playtests and they dropped about halfway through). Bit of a confidence issue, bit of a "Okay, what's so unlikable about this?"

If I do consider online games, they're on hold until this fall. My wife and I are renovating and moving into a new home, and will hopefully be settled in come September. Until then, it's work on my days off.

I think you have a good setup there, SynysterDreamer. Ships that only appear momentarily in a book are always a pain, but I think you did pretty well.

Sad to hear that, but I'll still be around to keep looking, and I'll help out as much as I can with coming up with stats.

I do plan on popping in from time to time, but not lurking as much as I used to. One part is the new job (more downtime but more projects), the other is, again, that whole "not running the game" thing.

I’m sure there are plenty of people who would be interested in playing in one of your games.

I'm not sure how many people would want me to run an online game. Also not entirely sure how it'll go; I've had quite a few frustrations with the system before my groups officially flopped, and I have a feeling the system was part of it (roped people into a playtests and they dropped about halfway through). Bit of a confidence issue, bit of a "Okay, what's so unlikable about this?"

If I do consider online games, they're on hold until this fall. My wife and I are renovating and moving into a new home, and will hopefully be settled in come September. Until then, it's work on my days off.

Just want to say thank you for all of your work. Its been a wonderful addition to both games I'm in and it was a huge help when I was designing my EVE online ship conversion rules. Good luck with moving and work :)

Just want to say thank you for all of your work. Its been a wonderful addition to both games I'm in and it was a huge help when I was designing my EVE online ship conversion rules. Good luck with moving and work :)

I'm glad I was able to help in some way!

Just a short FYI:

No, I'm not dead.

Yes, I'm still lurking when time permits.

No, I haven't been statting more ships for the threads.

Yes, I am still taking requests (just send them via PM so I actually see them in a timely fashion).

No, I haven't had any luck with getting any games going (thus the continued lack of ships).

I think that sums it up. Thanks for keeping things going!

Just a short FYI:

No, I'm not dead.

Yes, I'm still lurking when time permits.

No, I haven't been statting more ships for the threads.

Yes, I am still taking requests (just send them via PM so I actually see them in a timely fashion).

No, I haven't had any luck with getting any games going (thus the continued lack of ships).

I think that sums it up. Thanks for keeping things going!

Well... if you do run an online game, I'd be interested in joining. I'm almost always GM in my group, and it would be nice to be a Player for a bit.

Glad I stumbled across this gold mine years later!

Been setting up an Edge of the Empire campaign, and had been hoping to find guidelines and/or examples of fan made ZH-40 Freighters to use as the Party's vessel. While it's unfortunately not here in this (very extensive) list, reading through has given me a lot of inspiration and examples to have a go myself.

Found it! No Republic tug, though. However, for those wanting to backup old threads since the forum is going down, this is a good one to do so.