Damage rule question

By OxygenWalrus, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Probably over thinking this, but with weapons capable of automatic fire or semi-automatic (Let's use the bolter as an example) Does the modifier for the damage apply to each shot or not.
Bolter does 1d10+5 damage and has an auto fire rating of 4 let's say you get three degrees of success do this roll as 1d10+5 three times or 3d10+5.
Probably a silly question but I don't see anything that clarifies it clearly enough to me in the books..... or I've just overcomplicated it.

Every Degree of Success represents an extra bolter shell (or las bolt whatever) striking your target. Thus with three degrees of success you actually get 4 hits because you have your base success, and then three "extra" shots striking .A fourth degree of success adds nothing however.

Therefore for damage you would roll 1d10 + 5 four times. You roll each individually and the opponent applies their armour and toughness to each shot.

Note that even if you don't get the full amount of hits from your weapon, you will still expend 4 shots from your clip.

Thanks for clearing that up was definitely going in circles on that one, also just realized I posted this in the wrong section *sigh* this is what happens when I stay up too late ^_^