Very new player

By Rotation, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Hi everyone. As the topic title states I am a very new player and just had a couple of questions I couldn't find within the forums. Sadly I'm pretty sure they have been asked before but here it goes anyway.

1) When using Account Siphon do you take 2 tags per credit you make them lose or is you gain X credits and ONLY take a total of 2 tags?

Last question

2) Regarding Ice Breakers - Some ice breakers state gain X strength until end of run where others say gain X strength. When the breaker doesn't say "until end of run" does this mean that the strength bonus goes away when you pass the current ice or is it a permanent strength gain?

1) If you choose to make the Corp lose any amount of credits up to 5, take 2 tags.

2) Until the end of the encounter with this ICE (this is actually in the rulebook but I forget which page and don't have it to hand. It's often missed by new players).

EDIT: Page 16

Increasing an Icebreaker’s Strength

Many icebreakers allow the Runner to temporarily increase the icebreaker’s strength by spending credits. This helps the Runner deal with stronger pieces of ice, provided he has enough credits to spend. This strength increase lasts only while the current piece of ice is being encountered, unless otherwise noted by card abilities. After an encounter with a piece of ice, the icebreaker’s strength returns to the value shown on its card. This applies to any other strength modifiers given by icebreakers as well.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

Thank you very much for the clarification.

I'm a new player too and I have a question as well. If a player installs an upgrade on the server that represents his hand (I think its HQ) and a runner successfully attacks it does the runner get to look at a card in the corps hand and then have the option to trash the looked at card AND then get the option to trash the upgrade? Or does the runner have to choose to either trash the upgrade or look at a card?My buddy had a card that allowed him to have 2 extra cards in his hand and didn't have any money or rezzed ice protecting his hand so I attacked it and we weren't sure if I could do both so I just trashed the upgrade.

Yep, you can do both. In fact, you MUST access the upgrade and the card in the hand. You have no choice in the matter...you HAVE to access both (baring any card effects of course).

However! When accessing a server with multiple cards, you must access one at a time. IE, you must either first access the upgrade and decide whether or not you want to trash it and then access the card in hand and decide to trash it (if it has a trash cost, of course).

OR, you must access the card in hand first and make the decision THEN access the upgrade.

Thanks, after sleeping on it I came to this conclusion as well. I just have to keep in mind that the HQ, R&D, and Archives act exactly like the remote servers.

Well, R&D and Archives as a bit different. If accessing multiple cards from R&D, you must access one-at-a-time in order and then return them in the same order.

For archives, you flip all cards face up, then access ALL cards in the order you choose (very useful against Jinteki or anyone else loading up on Shock!)

They don't act exactly like remotes; nor do they act exactly like each other. The rulebook covers how access differs for each server.

Well, R&D and Archives as a bit different. If accessing multiple cards from R&D, you must access one-at-a-time in order and then return them in the same order.

Note that if there is an Upgrade Installed in the Root of R&D, you can Access it before, after, or between Accessing Cards in R&D.

As etherial said, I forgot about upgrades in the root.