The Sleeper Below

By Mike Eldredd, in CoC General Discussion

I'm very excited for this expansion.

From what we can see so far. it looks like they've nailed it with both theme and mechanics.

The other expansion I have high hopes for is the eventual Hastur set..

Good work team C'thulhu!

I've been itching for a follow up article! It's tough to see article after article after article after article for the other LCGs when Call of Cthulhu gets maybe 1 for every 20 if we're lucky! :rolleyes: It seemed there was a lot more hype generated for the Syndicate box?

I think Syndicate was more anticipated by the fans is one reason. There seems to be a lot of interest in a Hastur box as well, so whenever that one comes out I would expect more community buzz.

It's been well over a month since a new Cthulhu article has been published! Hello FFG, we're are due and itching for a second 'The Sleeper Below' spoiler/teaser! Considering it may be released next month the time is now to stir up some buzz?

When 'The Sleeper Below' is released, might it be accompanied by the long-awaited 'Dreamlands' and 'Summons of the Deep' cycles? Please, FFG... these have been hanging out at the end of the 'Upcoming' list for far too long! Let them see the light of day!

Just read the new update on The Sleeper Below and the dormant mechanic sounds like a great addition to the game, with real potential to shake things up a bit. Shame it's Cthulhu faction specific... for now.

Ahhh, finally a new Cthulhu article! Fiona Day seems pretty darn good! Is that some sort of 'code-breaking' machine? I really appreciate the use of the recently rare Dreamer subtype! Looking forward to seeing what the other Cultists from The Sleeper Below are up to in the next article! Hoping The Sleeper Below is available at GenCon?!

Very nice article Damon!

Is there any chance, that the Title of the Card Unaussprelichen Kulten ( The Sleeper Below , 25), will be corrected before the relase? It should be "Unausspre ch lichen Kulten". Ironic, because Unaussprechlich means unpronounceable in German. Some kind of a "Wortwitz", if you know what i mean ^_^ Even Wikipedia knows the true name http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unaussprechlichen_Kulten

It's almost certainly too late for that, considering there are already players who have the expansion (it was available at GenCon).

To be 100% correct, the book's title should be "Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten", i.e. "About unspeakable cults", otherwise the case would be wrong, i.e. it would have to say "Unaussprechliche Kulte".

It's always tricky when foreign authors (or game developers) use German words - it's not an easy langauge.

Correct.

I am stoked! The expansion is going to be fun.