Don't Hassle the Hoth

By DB Draft, in X-Wing

9 hours ago, tortugatron said:

Legion.

You are kidding....

I look forward to seeing their AT-AT at Legion scale alongside Legion scale X-Wings and TIE Fighters. They will fit so well on the Legion scale tabletop moving at Legion scale speed.

Legion does not even come close to replicating Star Wars land battles with air support... it was never intended to do this anyway. A bit like how Epic is not really the best representation of huge scale ships.... that is why there is Armada.

I am not concerned if people like my rules or not, I have had a lot of fun playtesting new missions and working on a Clone Wars expansion for my own amusement.

3 hours ago, DB Draft said:

You are kidding....

I look forward to seeing their AT-AT at Legion scale alongside Legion scale X-Wings and TIE Fighters. They will fit so well on the Legion scale tabletop moving at Legion scale speed.

Legion does not even come close to replicating Star Wars land battles with air support... it was never intended to do this anyway. A bit like how Epic is not really the best representation of huge scale ships.... that is why there is Armada.

I am not concerned if people like my rules or not, I have had a lot of fun playtesting new missions and working on a Clone Wars expansion for my own amusement.

All I do is kid.

Edited by tortugatron

@DB Draft Have you tried Ground Assault with multiple AT-AT's and snowspeeders? Perhaps 6 AT-ATs and 20+ T-47s?

I have not used that many walkers and speeders in a game even though I do have that many models to actually try this! :lol:

There are rules for snowspeeders and tow cable attacks on the site for people to experiment with: http://xwingassault.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/66/snowspeeder-rules-wip#latest

This makes the tow cable attack quite a challenge to pull off and with a fair chance it will not do much damage, but it still is capable of destroying an AT-AT in a single go. So a ratio of 2 to 3 speeders per walker is about the right balance.

So feel free to try out the rules yourself and if you have any questions I am always happy to answer them.

Came here expecting rants about Adepticon. Yall make me happy with your wholesomeness.

On 4/6/2016 at 12:29 PM, DB Draft said:

Well I do have some more models for a more warmer climate:

Missile Launcher Battery, Ion Cannon Turret Shapeways

001_zps55ooondu.jpg

Imperial Troop Transporters Micro Machines

005_zpsflvjqnoe.jpg

012_zpsl5wbwbku.jpg

Stormtrooper Scouts with AT-ST and AT-DP Micro Machines

011_zpstz9zxrge.jpg

013_zps8iiyvgnk.jpg

Rebel Assault Shuttles Micro Machines

003_zpsae4b5qdb.jpg

TIE Crawlers Custom Modified TIE Advanced Prototype

014_zpsvedyzu3o.jpg

PS: This has nothing to do with the "Hoth Open" so I apologize if you searched for that term and found this...

Is the Infantry included in the sets? Can you tell me wich Mico Machine sets these are?

On 3/28/2018 at 9:56 AM, Killerardvark said:

Came here expecting rants about Adepticon. Yall make me happy with your wholesomeness.

What happened at adepticon?

Wow.. I read this thread with Glee. Nice work to those involved in making it!

On 6/16/2014 at 10:18 PM, DB Draft said:

Just finished the infantry models:

001_zpsc85b564f.jpg

002_zpsf3774614.jpg

004_zps3ffedbad.jpg

006_zpsf274df40.jpg

007_zpsb64144ab.jpg

Ahh, I was looking for this!

Hey, can I ask, where did you get that Leia and Luke and all of those other characters? They aren't in the Battle of Hoth Ertl kit...?

On 5/3/2014 at 11:06 AM, DB Draft said:

Here is a start on a new modelling project using plastic kits of the "Battle of Hoth" from AMT/ERTL. These appear to be at a compatible scale with X wing. I bought multiple kits to get enough of everything. First up are two groups of T-47 Snowspeeders:

002_zps8fcb2222.jpg

004_zpsd852b081.jpg

Drilling a hole in these small craft allows them to easily fit on the standard flight base.

WInter is coming... Blizzard Force!

The AT-STs from the kit are not very accurate or to scale so I went with the Micro Machine version that does look much better.

005_zpsb93ee466.jpg

The kit's AT-ATs are pretty good despite the static pose and the lack of feet flanges.

007_zpsc8256c56.jpg

011_zpsaa0dbcc8.jpg

012_zps99cb2da6.jpg

Movement rules for ground units is still a WIP, but possibly the AT-ATs could use a similar concept to the Huge ships with a customized turning template.

The is the scale Legion should have been, then you really can field a legion.