A few noob questions

By aiat, in Battlestar Galactica

I am very new to board gaming in general, we started playing this game today and lots of questions were asked!

-after each jump, do we put the ships that were placed at the start of the game again on the board? I am talking specificaly about the one basestar, two raptors and the three raiders.

-when a crisis card is played, do we have to skill check for it? if everyone agrees that they are ok with the fail option, can we just discard the card?

-if the crisis card is failed and the text says it has to stay in play, does the icons on the card get activated every turn? for example the prepare for jump icon and active raider icon.

- when playing the cylon attack crisis card, if a ship of the same type is already in place of what is shown in the card, do we add another one in the same place? for example if a basestar is already in the place. How about if there is for example 3 raiders in a secrion and the card shows 5 raiders in. the same section? do they add up?

-after each jump, do we put the ships that were placed at the start of the game again on the board? I am talking specificaly about the one basestar, two raptors and the three raiders.

Nope... just initial set up.

-when a crisis card is played, do we have to skill check for it? if everyone agrees that they are ok with the fail option, can we just discard the card?

Nope... you still have a crisis check (and burn the cards from the Destiny Deck). This becomes more important with expansions.

-if the crisis card is failed and the text says it has to stay in play, does the icons on the card get activated every turn? for example the prepare for jump icon and active raider icon.

That's a really cool question... legitimate. But Nope... only the current card.

- when playing the cylon attack crisis card, if a ship of the same type is already in place of what is shown in the card, do we add another one in the same place? for example if a basestar is already in the place. How about if there is for example 3 raiders in a secrion and the card shows 5 raiders in. the same section? do they add up?

It is just a picture of what to ADD, not the final count. So you ADD any ships as long as you have them.

If there are less available than needed in reserves, the current player decides which ones are placed where. That is, if you have to place 2 raiders in front and 2 in back - but only have 3 in reserves, the current player decides if front or back only gets 1.

Hope you are having fun! I would recommend your most experienced person take a quick re-read of the rule book and errata, they will get so much more out of it having played once!

Thanks, we totally missed putting cards from the destiny deck into the skill check phase :D so even if every one is ok with the fail condition, they still have to do the skill check and discard cards correct?

Also, in regards to the cylon attack cards, in the first line it has an activate something, lets say activate with the raider icon, this applies to every single raider correct? also does this activation happens every round the card is removed?

It happens in order, so active any raiders on the board (not the ones you put out later). You only resolve cards once. There are times you keep them out, but it mostly as a reminder that an effect is going on (like 33, or Scar... oops... Scar is expansion! tee-hee.. future fun for you!)

You didn't say, but who won the first game?

Part of the "vote" is that even if you all agree to fail, someone - like the last player to act - could do something after all. Again, more important in expansions maybe. We usually discuss, have time to play cards before the check, then when we put in the two from the destiny deck the vote IS HAPPENING and even when "failing" we do a quick circle roll call. If there is a hidden cylon who has something to pull,

(accidental enter)... they have their chance. OR... maybe we THINK a first act-person is a cylon, and when they "pass" we then say "Hey, lets pass this after all" and put cards in... they miss there chance to sabotage it!

Nope... just initial set up.

Wait a sec... when you jump you clear the board. What do you mean with "initial set up " then?

Poor wording, sorry... and should have corrected the question. (And assuming this is about base game only)

You only put the initial set up ships out at the initial set up time, never again. Not at each jump (Page 13 Jumping the Fleet, step 1 - Remove Ships).

The correct setup is in base rules, page 5, setup, step 10 . (The ships listed in the set-up by the poster are not correct, I assumed just a naming/typing error, but I should have addressed - doh)