Pack Speculation

By shoreless, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Any thoughts on how the [whatever] Packs are going to be divvied up?

Let's say each 60 card pack has a new Warlord and its signature squad. That's 9 cards, leaving 51 for the rest.

You can't divide that 9 ways, obviously, so does that mean that some factions will get more representation than others? Are they going to keep some factions out of each pack? Will there be new neutral/planet cards in some packs? Could one pack focus on one bit of the Alignment Wheel?

Let's get some numbers on the board, folks.

Ugh. 7 factions, not 9. Where's my coffee...

id say every race would get at least 2 cards and the other 3 spots will depend on the pack (or be neutral)

Really depends on whether a playset is 2x, 3x, or 4x.

At 2x, that gives us 25 different cards with one left over.

At 3x, that gives us 17 different cards, no left overs, which means every faction gets 2 cards and 3 of them get a third.

At 4x, that gives us 12 different cards with three left over.

Odds are looking good for 3x deck building based off of that...

I assume it is 3x as warlord + 8 signiture cards = 9 cards which would be aquard to fit into 60 card packs

I think dbmeboy is on to something. Of the 'extra' slots (those that would get three cards instead of two) neutrals could be thrown in or a particular faction could be 'featured' and get a little boost. I'm going with that.

I think dbmeboy is on to something. Of the 'extra' slots (those that would get three cards instead of two) neutrals could be thrown in or a particular faction could be 'featured' and get a little boost. I'm going with that.

I see that as the most probable expectation as well. Even in Warhammer: Invasion, there was 20 cards (each one in three copies, of course) in a battlepack and there were six factions in game - no way in hell to distribute that evenly within one pack. The rest was as you said, sometimes one fation got more, sometimes there were some neutral cards.

I don't think they have ever expanded factions in games at the same rate in any of their games. Netrunner packs have an uneven spread in each pack (and the Deluxe expansions are mainly devoted to 1 runner & 1 cope faction, significantly expanding them), as do the STar Wars ones.

All that really matters is that each faction gets a similar number of cards across a particular cycle, rather than that each pack is evenly distributed.

Most of the LCGs have the same issue. 20 new cards in a pack, which is not evenly divisible by the number of factions. It's just not an issue. In any given pack, some factions will get more cards than others but this is inconsequential because in the long run they even out.

it will be interesting to see what they do with the deluxe expansions will they focus of 1 faction Vs another of a pair of factions (that can ally) Vs another pair or even possibly 1 main and 2 allies Vs 1 main and 2 allies

Faction boxes have proven to be successful in Thrones and Cthulhu, and I expect that Conquest players may have significant faction loyalties if they are ex-40K players, so I would guess that there will be faction boxes. There may be other types of boxed expansions as well (even releases for everyone, launch a new faction) though so it's hard to make any predictions of which ones we'll see first.