FFG: Print On Demand Scenario please!

By XehutL, in Rune Age

Although I have received the following (and standard?) reply on a similar question via email already:

"Thank you for your question and interest in Fantasy Flight Games! We do not accept unsolicited games, game ideas, or advice on our current games as we are rather preoccupied working on so many projects with our in-house developers. We also do not do any consulting on game ideas. We appreciate your understanding. Take care!"

I would like to start this topic again, now more openly.

IMO, the POD product series can be easily utilized for RA and there are many players out there who would appreciate such addition. I know that its cards are somehow of a lesser quality, and thus cannot (or should not) be combined with the rest of original cards. But it is not necessary, actually:

- the Event cards are all stand alone, so no mixing here

- the scenario Neutral cards can be either reused from the current ones (a lot of options here) or they can run in a similar way like the Promise of Riches (from the O&A expansion) is designed

- and also, there are still other interesting options on what can be added here (like buildings, heroes, lairs/dungeons etc.)

And, there is already some fan-made stuff that can be incorporated somehow (be it found under this forum, on BGG or somewhere else). In example, I would love to see the polished Civil War in Terrinoth scenario as the original one (by Brian, see here or here ). It provides a full solo experience, yet with the PvP abilities. Some work is still needed there, of course.

The other interesting way(s) for any POD expansion could be the addition of buildings or heroes to neutral area, which can be then bought for the gold instead of influence (or both) and which could provide various effects for the player (be it in combat or outside it). Also, I would love to see some kind of "raid" scenario, in which the player(s) would be attacking some neutral dungeon or citadel controlled by one of Enemy, which is hiding behind its minion first... (some interesting ideas could be find here or here ).

But - this topic should not be about what should be added primarily (I respect the above "policy" here) - it is about pointing out this option more publicly and to see whether it is possible to open further discussion/support for it.

-X-

Edited by XehutL

@ALL: if you are interested in the the PoD option for RA expansion and if you would like to have any additional scenario or content published this way, please acknowledge / comment below.

Edited by XehutL

If they made some Print On Demand material for Rune Age, I would almost certainly buy it. While I wouldn't call Rune Age my #1 favorite game, it is very high on my list and is definitely the most-played game in my collection. I would enjoy adding new scenarios to this little gem of a game.

Print on Demand implies actually creating the cards, right? That seems like it could become a bit expensive at that point. For now, I've just sleeved all my cards, and I use custom decks by inserting slips of paper with the card information onto it. Of course, it does sort of remove other cards from the game for the duration, but the only cost (other than the game and card sleeves) is the paper and ink.

That said, if it turned out to be fairly inexpensive, I'd consider doing it. I'm definitely interested in custom content.

Any PoD expansion for Rune Age would be an insta-buy for me. This game has still a lot of potential, and I think PoD is an excellent format for any additional scenarios. Thumbs up!

You bring up a good point, Vynomer. I imagine POD scenarios would probably be similar to the Edge of the Empire specialization decks. Those come with 20 specialization cards and 20 cover cards. I imagine a POD for Rune Age would probably include 15 scenario cards and 5-each of one or two neutral cards. So you're looking at 20-25 cards in both situations. That means you can expect to pay around $7.00 MSRP for a Rune Age POD scenario.

With this in mind, I'm starting to think a second expansion is a better way to go.

[Nice to see you, Freeman!]

The neutral cards within POD would be limited, it is unlikely that any scenario will use all of them as non-mixable (the only option). On the other hand - for a scenario using some kind of lairs, or using some additional specialized card piles, it could be even more.

Nevertheless, up to 10$ per 1 interesting scenario / or per 2 rather simples would be OK for me.

Edited by XehutL

I'd love to see a Heroes expansion that would incorporate Heroes for all the Factions and a couple more scenarios. New units, new neutral cards, new everuthing, a bit like Forsaken Lore did for Eldritch Horror.