Alone...Or Out of Time

By ObsessiveGamer, in Elder Sign

This Mythos Insight card reads as follows:

Alone...

Return the Ally deck to the game box. (No further allies can be gained this game.)

...Or Out of Time

Resolve all midnight effects again and draw a new Mythos card.

My question is this: if you choose Out of Time, do you repeat the lingering effect from the previous Mythos card in addition to any At Midnights on adventure cards? Or do you just say, "Oh, it's midnight again - I'd better do the At Midnights on the adventure cards, but there is no lingering effect on a Mythos card because the card currently showing is a Mythos Insight card?"

"When the clock next strikes midnight, 2 monsters appear" was part of the midnight effect I just experienced, but it had been covered up by this card. So I'm not sure if I need to add another 2 monsters to my adventures as a result of choosing Out of Time.

Thoughts?

You repeat it only in case the lingering effect states "At Midnight": both Mythos cards and Adventure Cards (for now; maybe we'll have something more in the future) presenting At Midnight clauses have to be resolved once more

Hope this helps

So you would say yes, place the two monsters again?

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly: you're saying that this card indicates to repeat the previous midnight effects, whatever they were - INCLUDING any midnight-relevant lingering effects from the previous Mythos card?

Aye, correct

Alright, thanks Julia! (And The Professor for his affirmation of her input via "like.")

My pleasure helping :)