BaCon: UFS Regionals in Lubbock TX June 27th & 28th

By camelion357, in UFS Fan Announcements

Taken from http://www.jascogames.com :

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEW GAMING CONVENTION!

This June, Jasco Games will be hosting our first annual Bad Ass gaming convention (also referred to as BaCon) at the Science Spectrum in Lubbock, Texas. We will be hosting tournaments for Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40Kand Warmachine/Hordes. Also during the weekend there will be a Universal Fighting System regional qualifier, a Magic: the Gathering Type 2 Constructed tournament, a Dungeons & Dragons event and many other side events. Throughout the weekend, other venues will have their own events and stands.

This event will take place the last weekend of June, and we have a ton planned. Sign ups for events will begin today, April 21st. If you are interested, contact Jason at Jasco Games to sign up. If you do not want to play competitively, we will be doing many side events all weekend such as video game events, card events, Warhammer pick up battles and much more. We are looking for bands for the event so if you want to play, or know people who play please contact us.

The event will be June 27th and 28th. The following events can be signed up for and I will post the maximum player limit for each event. The fee for each event is specified next to the event.

- Warhammer Fantasy Indy GT- 40 Spots/ $30 entry
- Warhammer 40K Indy GT - 40 Spots/ $30 Entry
- Warmachine/Hordes - 20 Spots/ $20 Entry
- Universal Fighting System Regional:
-Singles (standard format) - 40 Spots/ $25
-Teams (standard format) - 16 Teams/ $30 per team (3 players per team)
-Singles (legacy format) - 32 Spots/ $10
- Dungeons and Dragons Event - 16 Spots/ $15
- Magic the Gathering Event - 32+ Spots/ $15

Other events can be signed up for at the convention.

Please sign up before the event. Once spots are full, we can not take anymore unless people do not make it to the event. We will have a first sign up first serve basis for the tournament events, and there will be a waiting list under the same rule in case people do not show up.

We are also looking for volunteers and other vendors for this event. If you would like to volunteer, or become a vendor please contact Jason at Jasco Games for details.

Contact Information:
Jasco Games
2842 34th Street
Lubbock Texas, 79410
Phone: 806-252-3404
E-mail: [email protected]

The event will be held at the Science Spectrum:
2579 S Loop 289 # 250
Lubbock, TX 79423
(806) 745-1216

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can post questions here if you like, but you’re more likely to get an accurate response if you contact Jasco at the above information.

hey everyone! I want to make this an event that you'll never forget. Let me know what we can do to make the event unforgetable for you. Right now we are working on surrounding the UFS field with TV'S and fighting games featured in the UFS CCG. We will also have featured tables on our projector screens and hopefully live coverage of the event on video. I will also be requiering all players who sign up to give me a list of their decks and side decks, so everyone can see what us southern players are running in our decks, and what our play styles are like.

If you have any suggestions please let me know, and check out our forums on our website jascogames.com/forum to stay up to date on sign up availability, and event updates.

See you at the Science Spectrum Convention Center!

Jason- Jasco Games

It's good to get some more info on this. Just to clarify, is there a cover charge for the Con?

If you can get ahold of any, a Sealed event with Set 8 and 12 decks would be awesome! I'd recommend a Legacy Highlander event, but I'd wait till we see how it turns out in Texas Throwdown (I'm a bit partial to Highlander events >>).

Is there any additional prize support besides the Regional kit? And do you have set days for the Singles and Teams events yet? That may help others plan their logistics a bit better.

I'll be coming for sure. I'll hit my playgroup up with the date change and make sure they can still come out.

I'm in. Already requested the day off.

I would like to know if there is a con entree fee as well; Also, what are the times of the events? Particularly the times for the magic constructed standard, UFS teams, UFS singles, and UFS legacy singles? (I'm wanting to know if any conflict with each other, like I could see happening with the Magic and UFS)

There is no entry fee for the con itself, only for each event. We will be having alot of free events as well. The times will be up shortly, and I will be playing in Arlington too, since I have to judge and run our regionals. Our prize support should be awesome. I have tons of Old Darkstalkers Realm of Midnight stuff, just for this event, as well as play matts, and other things. I have Finals this week, so next week I will have every time ready for you guys, so you can plan around our events. We will also have two comic shops doings mini events, and some anime and other game stores allying with us on this event, so I imagine it will be awesome.

Once again, The most recent updates will be on www.jascogames.com/forum but I will post on FFG as much as possible.