Combat Modules

By Tanin Wulf, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

When I'm creating a character, do I start with knowledge of 1 weapon I want my character to have or do I need to purchase the module?

Thanks!

The first weapon knowledge is free, after that you have to buy all the others you want to learn.

That's what I thought, but I cannot, for the life of me, find that in the core. Did I miss it somewhere?

Page 56, first sentence under "The Idea Behind Modules" says:

When a character develops his Attack and Defense abilities, he does so with a single weapon, which he will have chosen from the beginning. It is also possible to learn to fight without weapons, in which case the character's Combat Ability is considered to be "Unarmed."

I missed that part too on my first read-through. I only caught it on my second rules reading, as I was doing sample character generation.

The book is 320 pages of packed information its hard taking it all in. After I read it through I missed half the information I needed so I had to reread it twice just to get the basics.... -_-

I found it best that you take copy of c-sheet and pencil and create character as you read, step by step, adding options as you discover them (and making side notes on the sheet for things to watch for).