Trust Me with 4 damage and new FAQ

By chiller087, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Just thought I'd pass this on for the sake of those who don't read cardgamedb.com

Here's a link to the current discussion: http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15415-trust-me-w-four-damage-and-the-new-faq/

Basically, even if Trust Me has 4 damage on it, you can still activate it to TRY to cancel an event by placing 1 damage on it. Since you did not pay its full cost, however, Trust Me fizzles and it is destroyed (because now it has 5 damage) and the event you tried to cancel still happens. Normally you wouldn't want to do this, but if you're trying to get The False Report into play, you can use this little counter-intuitive trick to make it happen.

I realize that some of you already knew about this, but this came as a surprise to quite a few.

This was the same before the new FAQ so it did not change due to new FAQ.

Did not change with the FAQ, but I can certainly understand why somebody would feel like the addition of section 3.6 would change things. After all, looking close enough at the game state it is true that you cannot complete the effect, as long as you look close enough to see that you won't be able to successfully pay the cost. Now we know that you can't look that close at least.

Yeah I agree with the wording of FAQ 3.6 you can still do this. The strange thing is I feel the intention behind 3.6 was to not allow players beneficial costs without implementing the effects. ie Killing cold, Falcon protection from Force Lightning etc.

Why would one damage a 4 health trust me if the effect was not going to be beneficial?

I can think of two reasons to blow it up. It's double focused and you want 5 resources again next turn to drop a falcon or something, or you've line up The False Report, or another important objective that you want flipped.